Stormer's 67 Polara Build

Nice work and making progress. :thumbsup:

I assume this car is going to get completed first.

Are you having the gear box rebuilt or putting the custom rack & pinion system in this car?

Thanks, boys.

Yep, rebuilding the stock steering box.

The 72 Imperial will be kinda done first since I'm not doing much to it. She's at the exhaust shop now getting stainless steel duals with O2 bungs. After that, the rebuilt brake booster/master goes on along with the EFI & she's rolling. Wheels should be finished in another month or so.

Well...... he said he was going to put rack & pinion steering in one of his zillion projects. LOL!

I was but then I fell in love with this Polara & it doesn't need to be slammed to the ground. 2 or 3 inches lower than stock is enough for now. The Polara put the Imperial in a lower budget category.

Thanks, boys.

Yep, rebuilding the stock steering box.

The 72 Imperial will be kinda done first since I'm not doing much to it. She's at the exhaust shop now getting stainless steel duals with O2 bungs. After that, the rebuilt brake booster/master goes on along with the EFI & she's rolling. Wheels should be finished in another month or so.

Which EFI system are you going with.....sorry if you told us.....and if you did... I forgot.

That's pretty funny, Stan. I guess I will have to admit to a very small dose of ADD.

Your Polara is my favorite of the fleet also. There is a black '68 Polara local to my area, but I like the tail lights on your '67 better.

I think the engine compartment would look better and more original with the body color (gloss/pearl) and just do the sub frame etc. flat/semi gloss...? :shruggy:

When I see all flat black engine compartments, I think GM...

'67 NewYorker Apr-May 2006 (49).jpg67 New Yorker (13).JPG

'67 NewYorker Apr-May 2006 (49).jpg

67 New Yorker (13).JPG

Last edited:
thanks Has2B

Your Polara is my favorite of the fleet also. There is a black '68 Polara local to my area, but I like the tail lights on your '67 better.

I think the engine compartment would look better and more original with the body color (gloss/pearl) and just do the sub frame etc. flat/semi gloss...? :shruggy:

When I see all flat black engine compartments, I think GM...

View attachment 13001

I know the shop, lol. George Evan's does great work. He's a nice guy as well. He is THE guy for Lamborghini work.

Yep, the Polara is my favorite too, thanks.

The car is gonna be Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl so I think the flat black under the hood will be fine, not to mention cheaper. Nobody's gonna think gm when they see a Hemi under the hood....

And yes, Evans is best known for Italian cars but they do TONS of classic American cars.

George's brother, Joe, is personally working on my car & I couldn't possibly have more confidence in a shop.

Stormers car will be nothing like factory and since that is the direction it is going, it is irrelevant which color the engine bay is painted. I do agree, I'd rather see it factory but am anxious to see the beauty of Ross' vision

Factory stock ship has sailed...

Thanks, Dave. I know it's a stretch for you & I appreciate the sentiment.

Back