Sub-Division UPDATE

That valley tween the two peaks is really pissing me off the more I think about it. I can't believe the moron who drew that up on his EtchaSketch was able to get those plans pass any Builder.

Yea Stan that's the Desert sprawl design for northerners so they can feel like there are at home up north.
I can't believe how many houses here in the Hurricane State are being built with pitched roofs and shingles these days, stupid, even the old construction with flat roofs are being converted to pitched with shingles. I guess no one knows how to do a leak free flat roof anymore.
After all the hurricanes of '04 some are getting smart and going with a steel roof on pitched but it's not like of old days and a *NEW* system which is a joke (think like how they make the steel gutters from a roll of tin).
And gutters... lol... that's another joke here in the south.
I use to live in a house with a very severe pitched roof, nice house, over 100 years old on the National Historic Register, built like a battleship out of old swamp Cypress, 8x8 beams in the pitched roof were bolted together, but somewhere in the history there was a fire and the nice old steel roof was most likely tore off to put out the fire and replaced with shingles. I had my landlord call me from Georgia where he evacuated to during the 'Storm of the Century' (Hurricane Charlie) in '04, welp I said "Your shingles made it all the way across US1 a half a block away". Funny though looking at the damage roof after the storms one person (think it was a in-law) said he couldn't understand why the shingles left as "Those are 100+ mph shingles". ha ha ha, that's the speed they went fly'in I said. He did take my advice and put a steel roof back on (20 grand) but that was a fiasco (think new 'system' and not stainless steel).

heh

I can't believe how many houses here in the Hurricane State are being built with pitched roofs and shingles these days,
Roof pitch is an insurance thing.
Flat and steep pitch gable end roofs pay the highest rates, shallow hip roofs pay the lowest. Tests show that a shallow pitched hip roof suffers the least damage
The steel roof thing?? Yes. The better ones are rated 200mph/cat 5.
The problem is cost. Over the last 10-15 years, a typical shingle roof has gone from $7k to $14k. Steel roofs are DOUBLE that. :wideyed::realcrazy::wtf:

B1752E63-F54C-4B19-B1E1-7183FBBF7AD1.jpeg
C6F1C1E2-7046-49D8-83DA-18971FB09B57.jpeg
Despite the slow selling & low amount of people looking at them they have continued to build the damn things & are now up to me. They started on this house last week. I came home today to the sound of nail guns & power saws. I walked into the back yard to my surprise a house was taking shape just 150 yards from my property. They have started on 3 more behind me & only 6 lots left. 5 behind me & one just off the my right. They will have houses on them by late summer. I’ve talked to two real estate agents recently who are encouraging me to sell. They are tell me that houses under $250 K are selling in less than 30 days & often have mulitable bids. On the Youngsville side of Raleigh they are building nice big new car dealerships. Just opened a large new Chevy dealer. They must have 200 pick up trucks sitting right up front. Rows & rows of them. And a new Jaguar/Land Rover dealership just opened 2 weeks ago. And they broke ground on a Lincoln dealership but it’s a relocation of a store that already exist.

I saw a couple of guys walking my property line behind my shop so I walked back to see what they where up to. Turns out it was the sub division developer. Had a long talk with him. We hit it off. He said he was going to clear the remaining trees between my land & the sub (about 10 yards deep) that was left there as a buffer. He has decided to build a privacy fence instead. He said he was going to put a burm up & the fence on top & that would begin soon & they would start building two houses directly behind my land. He asked about the old cars & what was I going to do with them but he was smiling & the tone was more of an interest than a discussing. I told him a couple were parts cars & others projects. Told him I was very active in the old car hobby & didn’t just have a bunch of junk cars sitting around behind my shop. We talked for 20 minutes. He started telling me about a Vette he fixed up & a 55 Chevy. Said he use to go to drag races. He told me I was here first & he had no problem with my collection & gave me two of his cards & told me to call him if I had any concerns. So a privacy fence it is. I guess that will be a good thing. Now I wonder if I can put shelves on my side of it to store things on..... maybe decorate it with some old vintage signs.

So a privacy fence it is. I guess that will be a good thing. Now I wonder if I can put shelves on my side of it to store things on..... maybe decorate it with some old vintage signs.
Better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission :lol:

Now I wonder if I can put shelves on my side of it to store things on..... maybe decorate it with some old vintage signs.

I knew that you'd be getting a fence. I'm sure that the builder will not have a problem with you but the first home owner, well that's a toss up. Either way, we need to keep your side of the fence pretty, so I think I found your first sign :D
View attachment 279407

upload_2019-4-19_7-6-30.png

I knew that you'd be getting a fence. I'm sure that the builder will not have a problem with you but the first home owner, well that's a toss up. Either way, we need to keep your side of the fence pretty, so I think I found your first sign :D
View attachment 279407

View attachment 279406
Yea I had a feeling too. That gigantic house behind me has been finished since early December & few look at it. And it’s facing my collection

You might be a small factor in not selling but nothing a small price reduction can't take care of. Our real estate market has slowed significantly since December and has yet to pick back up, especially the 400K and up range. You don't even want to know how bad of a spanking the "million dollar" properties are taking, unless you're planning on movin' up. The "land shark" parked out front would really bring something new to those neighborhoods :D

Yea the same thing is happening here. I’m not interested in selling right now anyway. The Land Shark is surely an asset. Ands thousands to my property value

I'm sitting here as we speak listening to the effing clearing of yet another lot on my street. :elmer::mad::BangHead::mob::(

I feel your pain.

Back