Sub-Division UPDATE

A1919DBA-51AE-4B6B-B868-4C1A777D2228.gif
Ah there goes the neighborhood, it's all down hill from here Bob.

7E0AD4CD-BEC9-4E43-AF16-B8BA15E9EE30.jpeg
F8F58C05-CA92-4AB0-B8F7-20C81753FF50.jpeg
Well I haven’t been walking in the new sub for a couple weeks. A hurricane & other things had me preoccupied. Anyway went for a walk yesterday & look what I saw. They built a privacy fence up boarding a neighbors property. He runs a plumbing & electrical business & has an old large storage building & an old box truck right on the property line. He had vowed that he was here first & had been here 30 years so was not moving none of his stuff. So I’m wondering now if they are going to put up one on my border. Mine is longer as the cul de sac wraps around mine. Also there was a Real Estate agent down at the far end waiting to show a house. Her signs are on most of the lots. She said she hasent sold a single house yet. They have 3 finished ready to move in. 3 nearly finished & 5 started. I politely told her they were too expensive for this area. She agreed & blamed that on the county for raising the property tax so high. Which is true they did spike it up. Still these are very expensive houses they are building. Also I picked up this stay kitten while walking. Just like a dog this kitten walked about a mile with me till I stopped to talk to that agent. When I left the kitten stayed with her. The other sub division just down the road the other direction they have completely stopped. Absolutely nothing going on there. It’s going on 3 years now. I’ll have to call my buddy again that knows the developer & see what’s happened now.

I hate non-functional, decorative window shutters.
First thing I ripped off my house when I bought it. Nothing like piercing your siding, membrane and substrate with screws (or in the case of the shutter dogs, 3/8" lag screws) to secure a non essential, plastic ornament on either side of EVERY WINDOW.

I've noticed buying/selling has slowed down around here over the last 2-3 months. It's typical for it to slow when the kids are going back to school as they want to be settled before school starts, but we started slowing down a little earlier than normal. I still think they will wall you off when a house is put on the bordering lot.

I wish houses weren't selling here but no matter how many they build they're sold. The population here is going through the roof. Traffic is becoming LA like.

Ok I did a little digging. The sub up the street is in a property line dispute “apparently” with the additional acreage they purchased last year to allow them to have an access road. Here’s what I’m told is the issue. The road was put in as a dirt road in the late 1800’s. It was originally paved sometime post WWII & surveyed at that time with the center of the road being the pull from line. Over the years the road has been repaved & moved a few feet twice. Ditches installed & moved per the road as well. Now jump to 2016 when development began in earnest. The surveyors pulled from the current center of the road. Their new survey didn’t jive with the land owners original surveys. I have no idea how this happened. This is what I’m being told. My neighbor the old ex hippy dude said they tried to steal 10 feet from his property line & he showed them his survey & a card from his lawyer & they backed off. Also they are building a sub on the ther side of town that has houses starting at $450K & one recently sold for $650k. Today I spoke personally face to face with the farmer that sold the land to the developer. He said he can’t believe the way they are buying up land & the expensive houses they are building. To quote him [ Bob there ain’t no way in hell they can sell all these houses] He also got a letter from the state. They are wanting to put in two bridges on US1 a few miles before Youngsville. He showed me the letter & let me read it. There is a website that is suppose to have a map on all the proposed road changes. I smell a politician. I’ll log onto to that web site tonite & smoke that map over. Sounds like they have plans for some strip malls/retail centers. Youngsville May get a Starbucks LOL. How bout that. Also the letter had two dates where they are holding a public Q & A on the bridges & road expansions.

The bright side is you may be sitting on some potentially hot real estate.
Yea that’s what I’m hoping. They are also building a nice private school about a half mile down the road. I’ll try to get some pics of that. It’s comming right along.

D9654797-5D85-48BC-97C3-23ECD0505A92.jpeg
I couldn’t get the NC DOT website link to come up at all. So I found this on one of the local media’s page. They had several maps but this is the only one I could get to load. It’s going to be a cluster when they start on all of this. After reading the article it looks like they are only in the proposal/planning stage right now. Youngsville is about 5 miles to the right. Raleigh 15 to the left. Funny thing is as you get closer to Raleigh is where they need to build bridges. That’s where the real traffic delays are at. This intersection here is a piece of cake compared to those further up the road.

Last edited:
Yep, it looks like there're about to turn you into a bedroom community pending the economy keeps rolling.

"Those poeple living in the country don't need all that space to themselves, let's kick some of them out, run the rest of them out, and build what WE think is best!" Said the collective political braintrust. They tried that where I lived once, thankfully the great recession kept it as it should be, a farm field, which it is to this day.

I went walking in the Sub again today. That Real Estate agent was there at a house again. I stopped & talked to her. They had a Parade of Home’s last week. She showed several people houses but didn’t sell one. Another Parade this week. She’s telling me only 2 serious prospects. She said they hoped to have 30 houses built by now but there has been so much weather that the builders are months behind. She said they likely won’t start on any more untill they sell a few. I asked her about the two pallets of bricks that got dropped off on the lot next to me & she said those were extra & they put them there for the time being. I also asked her what happened to that stray kitten & she said the customer that pulled up last week while we where talking took it home. She said that two story house behind me is 375,900 thousand. That’s 3 times what I paid for mine just 150 yards away. LOL. I think they are starting to realize they have over estimated this market. She said she had a meeting today with two builders. She said they where putting a lot of pressure on her. They have millions tied up in these houses. If somebody built some homes in the 175-225 range they would probably sell those.

... If somebody built some homes in the 175-225 range they would probably sell those.

The problem with that price point is the amount the developer has invested in infrastructure and subdividing those lots.There is likely a need for nearly $100K average per vacant lot for him to break even, never mind make a profit. That wouldn't leave a lot of budget for a house.

Back