Sub-Division UPDATE

id be more concerned about the housewrap. at least from the window and door manufacturers side. someone is going to have to go visit the site and explain that it isn't the fault of the windows and doors, and good luck
What's wrong with the wrap?

it was laid over the openings, the "x" cut and folded into the opening. when they install the windows the nail fin will go right over the wrap. then they will add seal tape over the wrap and the nail fin, including the sill, and just like that a funnel will be formed to collect water and dump it into the wall below the window. probably take a few years before it shows.
half of my time used to be having to go listen to the homeowner demand I Pay for the damage a leaking window or door caused. and by then, in most states the workmanship warranty has expired, and its a very expensive fix

What's wrong with the wrap?

View attachment 198749
Here is a pic I took about two weeks ago. Looked like truss system to me as there are vertical boards going down to ceiling support. Anyway you get the idea.
Two namez come to mind. Monopoly Hotels and Big 'Ole Ugly Barnz. Kidz got young kneez, Put their bedroomz up stairz, SHISH

The prolems described here remnd me of when a new higwa was built behind where I worked.
The earth movers came in and built up the roadbed and suddenly stopped. They later started building up the roadbed a little farther down the line.
Come to find out they didnt say anthing to my employer about purchasing right of way.
They bought the land on each siide but not directly behind. My employer filed suit and work stopped.
They tried to run roughshod over him until they found out my employer owned all three parcels theone i his name and not the company's.
Money exchanged hands and the work was completed.

A07325B2-26FD-47FF-98C1-90EC4B889F7D.jpeg
63BC0B93-86F0-423A-81B8-9C09E0CA0A90.jpeg
I came home to this today. Yes that’s my shop in the background. This lot is tiny & is right on my property line. There are 5 like this boardering my property. I just hope they dropped this off on the wrong lot.

it would be too bad if the impending storm blew away the lot markers and materials. :lol:

This is the house they are building behind me. It’s across the street. Nice house. Big house. Pic doesn’t do it justice. The stone had been lying out on pallets in the front yard for two weeks as worked just stopped on the House. I had always assumed this stuff was a plastic or synthetic but as you can see they had 2 guys cutting it. One using a hammer & chisel to fine tune the fit. I watched them for a while. Third guy was applying something to the surface of the house I guess was a sealer & glue. One white coat then a dark gray coat. I think the house has sold as a week ago they took the for sale sign down. It’s propped up near the garrage opening & yesterday a guy was cutting the ditch bank & some of the yard. Activity has pick up as someone has been working in the House also. I’m sure this is one of the $350 thousand houses. They have 3 finished & 3 more close. And I think 5 in progress.

D77AD9D3-2445-4C0C-B566-62002D4EE6D0.jpeg

AC6F875D-06C7-4E9D-A6E0-293DE8B54434.jpeg

FE7C5D71-E474-4452-B416-5C169A7616E9.jpeg

CAC9EDC3-0C02-48BC-A70B-957559C72010.jpeg

C75C1CC7-8C0E-442B-AAB5-66BC20EC5BBB.jpeg

Last edited:
Well they look to be of good quality. At least it's not another slab-on-grade, 2500 sf house on a 3000 sf lot type of neighborhood. I see plenty of those and hate them all. You can hear the plastic rattle when you fart in those neighborhoods.

I had always assumed this stuff was a plastic or synthetic but as you can see they had 2 guys cutting it.

That "stone" facing that you see is most likely a cast stone, which is just concrete. If you go over there and pick one up it should be about 50% lighter than a similar sized natural rock.

Back