Tallhair has a Town and Country

I just rode in a new Pacifica that a friend rented, and I was really impressed with the quality of this newest model. And the performance was just amazing for a minivan, including the handling. If FCA keeps this up, they will be increasing market share slowly but surely. I read this week that total sales of the Ram pick up are now surpassing total sales of the Chevrolet Silverado this year to date as well. Maybe you should keep your dealership a little longer Dobalovr (sorry I missed that you were stuck at the port in Los Angeles a few days ago, as I would have really liked to have had you visit!).

I just rode in a new Pacifica that a friend rented, and I was really impressed with the quality of this newest model. And the performance was just amazing for a minivan, including the handling. If FCA keeps this up, they will be increasing market share slowly but surely. I read this week that total sales of the Ram pick up are now surpassing total sales of the Chevrolet Silverado this year to date as well. Maybe you should keep your dealership a little longer Dobalovr (sorry I missed that you were stuck at the port in Los Angeles a few days ago, as I would have really liked to have had you visit!).

Thanks Steve we were only in Port for a few hours ended up in Lakewood scouting out the local mall. The new Pacifica is a fantastic vehicle but Im concerned about who wants a $50k minivan? I bought a new 2016 T&C Ltd for $20K less than the Pacifica with similar options. I couldn't justify the extra $$$. It is priced competitively with the Odyessy and Sienna but still.....it's a friggin minivan

Thanks Steve we were only in Port for a few hours ended up in Lakewood scouting out the local mall. The new Pacifica is a fantastic vehicle but Im concerned about who wants a $50k minivan? I bought a new 2016 T&C Ltd for $20K less than the Pacifica with similar options. I couldn't justify the extra $$$. It is priced competitively with the Odyessy and Sienna but still.....it's a friggin minivan

I understand, and agree that the previous version was also an excellent vehicle, especially for the money. And the previous version now lives on as a Dodge Grand Caravan as well.

2017_dodge_grand-caravan_passenger-minivan_gt_fq_oem_1_1280.jpg

But the new Pacifica now seems to be truly competitive with the Sienna and Odyssey in every respect and for the first time rates higher than those two competitors in nearly every review I have seen. FCA just has to make more money per unit than it has to keep going it seems to me and it has to clearly build world class vehicles that rate above the others as well on a regular basis and continue to improve in reliability ratings too, in my opinion. Otherwise, the world is too competitive to keep it going alone, unless it finally finds a larger merger partner, which I personally don't want to happen, as most likely, the Chrysler brand would be gone in such a scenario.

And for guys like you, that also means less money on the hood of each vehicle to move them out of the showroom - i.e., more profits.

autocontentexp.comwp-contentuploads2016032017-Chrysler-Pacifica24-682cf54dbff0a1b3b419d2ed6ef939208f99e405.jpg

I am also tired of hearing how Toyota and Honda are the best vehicles in this class by so many publications, at least in the past, and want to hear the name Chrysler instead. That is how America becomes great again.

I was able to attend press days at the Los Angeles Auto Show late last year when the Pacifica was introduced here. On hand were some actual engineers on the Pacifica project who were there to answer journalists' questions. I have never seen such dedicatied, knowledgeable, and clearly "driven to be the best" representatives ever from Chrysler talking with all the journalists. With that attitude in their engineers and other employees, that is the key to success going forward I believe.

Last edited:
I understand, and agree that the previous version was also an excellent vehicle, especially for the money. And the previous version now lives on as a Dodge Grand Caravan as well.

2017_dodge_grand-caravan_passenger-minivan_gt_fq_oem_1_1280.jpg

But the new Pacifica now seems to be truly competitive with the Sienna and Odyssey in every respect and for the first time rates higher than those two competitors in nearly every review I have seen. FCA just has to make more money per unit than it has to keep going it seems to me and it has to clearly build world class vehicles that rate above the others as well on a regular basis and continue to improve in reliability ratings too, in my opinion. Otherwise, the world is too competitive to keep it going alone, unless it finally finds a larger merger partner, which I personally don't want to happen, as most likely, the Chrysler brand would be gone in such a scenario.

And for guys like you, that also means less money on the hood of each vehicle to move them out of the showroom - i.e., more profits.

autocontentexp.comwp-contentuploads2016032017-Chrysler-Pacifica24-682cf54dbff0a1b3b419d2ed6ef939208f99e405.jpg

I am also tired of hearing how Toyota and Honda are the best vehicles in this class by so many publications, at least in the past, and want to hear the name Chrysler instead. That is how America becomes great again.

I was able to attend press days at the Los Angeles Auto Show late last year when the Pacifica was introduced here. On hand were some actual engineers on the Pacifica project who were there to answer journalists' questions. I have never seen such dedicatied, knowledgeable, and clearly "driven to be the best" representatives ever from Chrysler talking with all the journalists. With that attitude in their engineers and other employees, that is the key to success going forward I believe.

I agree. FCA produces some of the best vehicles on the market but receives little credit for doing so. They are panned by the consumer publications in favour of imports that they don't even road test. The Pacifica is the best Minivan on the market but the largest demographic that will be looking at it can not afford it. Young families won't spend that kind of money so they end up in a POS KIA ( no offense to KIA owners intended) . The majority of Pacifica buyers are older mature folks looking for Grandkid haulers or for scooter storage in my store. We have had more success selling them as used cars discounted heavily by the rental companies. When you can sell more of them as used then you can new it tells me the market has not seen the value in them as new cars the same way they do the Honda/Toyota vans. Classic FCA build a better car than the competition but can't sell it because of the perceived reliabilty and resale of the imports. Example the 200 was a far better car than the Accord IMHO but no one believed it. It's interesting how our Toyota Dealerships have service departments full of broken down Toyotas but its FCA who sucks ....

I agree. FCA produces some of the best vehicles on the market but receives little credit for doing so. They are panned by the consumer publications in favour of imports that they don't even road test. The Pacifica is the best Minivan on the market but the largest demographic that will be looking at it can not afford it. Young families won't spend that kind of money so they end up in a POS KIA ( no offense to KIA owners intended) . The majority of Pacifica buyers are older mature folks looking for Grandkid haulers or for scooter storage in my store. We have had more success selling them as used cars discounted heavily by the rental companies. When you can sell more of them as used then you can new it tells me the market has not seen the value in them as new cars the same way they do the Honda/Toyota vans. Classic FCA build a better car than the competition but can't sell it because of the perceived reliabilty and resale of the imports. Example the 200 was a far better car than the Accord IMHO but no one believed it. It's interesting how our Toyota Dealerships have service departments full of broken down Toyotas but its FCA who sucks ....

Some good points. I realize in Canada the demographic is much different than in other places in the U.S., largely the larger urban areas. Here in Southern California, for example, the demographic is just the opposite. Siennas and Odysseys flourish while the previous Chrysler minivans were mainly in rental fleets. Consumers here can afford the $50K and they also look intently at the resale value when they get a new one in 3 years or less. And the reliability ratings. But you are correct, consumers here are brainwashed that the imports are much better, so that has to change. I want to see how Consumer Reports rates the new Pacifica. Not because I necessarily respect them but because so many other people do. It seems to me the ratings between models are blown out of proportion when just a couple points in their ratings distinguish a loser from a winner when they really are not that much better or worse than one another anymore.

Love the T&C in White Bryan! Tried getting the wife to go along but she likes Black....she doesn't have to wash it so that's where the problem is.

Steve up here the Grand Caravan owns 60% of the market the T&C is a low volume highly optioned luxury van only. Back in the 90's we had 85% of the market but Honda/Toyota have come a long way. I too am waiting for CR to produce their critique.

Love the T&C in White Bryan! Tried getting the wife to go along but she likes Black....she doesn't have to wash it so that's where the problem is.

Steve up here the Grand Caravan owns 60% of the market the T&C is a low volume highly optioned luxury van only. Back in the 90's we had 85% of the market but Honda/Toyota have come a long way. I too am waiting for CR to produce their critique.

I love the white also. I definately wanted the tan interior and the only one we could find with tan interior were white. I also liked the grey and would have considered red if we could have found one as nice with the tan interior.

This T&C is also a ' Limited ' which really is top of the line. It has all the options

Yup
Caravan
T&C
Grand Cherokee
Durango
Ram
Challenger
Charger

Chrysler Pentastar Engines - Specifications

Thanks a lot, Graham. I was hoping the 200 had that setup. I am very seriuosly considering picking up a 200 with the V-6. Not sure if I would go AWD or just FWD. What kind of deal should I hope to make on a new or used 2015 200?

Thanks a lot, Graham. I was hoping the 200 had that setup. I am very seriuosly considering picking up a 200 with the V-6. Not sure if I would go AWD or just FWD. What kind of deal should I hope to make on a new or used 2015 200?

We were running a 20% off MSRP on the 2016's to clear the last of them out so a 2015 should be running around 60% of its original value. These cars were used heavily in the rental car market usually the Limited model with very few options. I would look for a 200S. It was a lower production model but had lots of eyeball. AWD or FWD is up to you based on your weather but I wouldn't pay a big premium for it. FWD and decent tires will get you 90% of places AWD can go. We are buying 2016 Limiteds from the Rental auction for 16-17K.

Back