For Sale Teardrop trailer project

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have a neat project for you - an aluminum teardrop travel trailer! The body is 1946, and the frame and axle are 2014. I bought the original trailer seven years ago and towed it back from southern Kansas...at about 55 mph. The original frame, floor and axle were pretty sketchy, so I pulled the body off and set it on a custom 4x8 tube steel frame that a friend welded up for me. The trailer is a rolling shell - there are NO accouterments that accompany the trailer, so it's a blank slate for the new owner! The frame is primed and painted black, and the floor is 5/8" marine plywood, painted red on both sides. The hitch is serious overkill, as it's a 2" 7,500# GVW Bulldog unit! The tongue jack is off a boat trailer, rated at 5,000#. The shell is aluminum with steel angle frame. The curb door is currently just a frame, but the other side door is complete. The hatch door skin is present, but a frame would have to be built for that to be functional. Tires are 205-75R15 radials on 15x6 chrome reverse wheels from the '60s. This pulls very nice on this new frame and axle!

Trailer is garaged inside my shop in Oklahoma City, OK. Sold on a bill of sale only. You pick up. MIGHT trade for Mopar stuff, especially '66 Coronet and '64 - '66 Imperial parts. Price is $1,200 cash money. PM me here for more info.
IMG_2195.JPG
IMG_2198.JPG
trailer05.jpg
IMG_2133.JPG
IMG_2175a.jpg

A good start on a fun project for someone. One could tow that with just about anything.
Do you know what the original brand of the shell is.....?

Do you know what the original brand of the shell is.....?

No, I do not. I know it was pre-1949, though. ALL of the fasteners were four-sided nuts with slotted head bolts. Phillips fasteners came out during the Korean War; that is a dead giveaway. So, with that, I do not know the brand of the shell.

PRICE REDUCED TO $1,000 cash money, no cheaper, you arrange pickup!!! It's costing me nothing to have it sit in the shop; however, I'd like some room back and this is taking up 48 square feet. Plus, I've decided to dive into the truck as the next project.

I've thought about just setting the top off to the side for a later time, and building the trailer itself into a nice little hauler. The prices of small utility trailers these days is ridiculous!!

OK...after giving this some thought, I am going to sell the shell ONLY for $300 cash money, no trades. The shell will fit in the back of a longbed pickup easily. You pickup. NO delivery. PM me. I want the shell gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back