The 1965 Polara/Monaco/880 thread!!

Yes, that design was only produced on the Monaco trim level.

Yes, that trim was on only the Monaco, but only the 1966 Monaco in the U.S. - the one that replaced the U.S. Custom 880 - and the Canadian 1966 Polara 880.

The 1965 Monaco only had trim along the top of the fenders, front to rear, as well as rocker panel trim. A very clean design.

It is a 500, but it was re-sprayed at some point and I'm guessing it was removed and never put back on. Maybe I should look for replacement trim.

U.S. Polara 500 was model AD2-L, same as the Polara. It was not a separate model with production of both Polara 500 hardtop and convertible included with Polara convertible and hardtop. The only difference on the outside between the Polara and Polara 500 was the "Polara 500" emblem on the front fender side instead of "Polara".

The Polara 500 was a package, sales code 325, that included - bucket seats, short console, tachometer, deluxe wheel covers, padded instrument panel, and "Polara 500" nameplates. No other changes to exterior trim.

U.S. Polara 500 was model AD2-L, same as the Polara. It was not a separate model with production of both Polara 500 hardtop and convertible included with Polara convertible and hardtop. The only difference on the outside between the Polara and Polara 500 was the "Polara 500" emblem on the front fender side instead of "Polara".

The Polara 500 was a package, sales code 325, that included - bucket seats, short console, tachometer, deluxe wheel covers, padded instrument panel, and "Polara 500" nameplates. No other changes to exterior trim.
Was the tachometer part of the package for the 500? My console has been cut for an aftermarket A/C unit on one console, and I can't recall seeing one or the base piece/holes on the other console, but I've only looked at that one once 9 months ago.

Was the tachometer part of the package for the 500? My console has been cut for an aftermarket A/C unit on one console, and I can't recall seeing one or the base piece/holes on the other console, but I've only looked at that one once 9 months ago.
I don't think the Tach was included in the Polara 500 package, I've only seen it listed as optional. As well, I own 3 65 Polara 500's at the current time and none were equipped with a factory tach. Of course, I have no clue on a 66.

65 Data pp60.jpg

65 Data pp61.jpg

IMG_0922copy.JPG

This is a 65 Monaco without the optional tach. Opening just has a blank-off piece in bezel. I believe tach was optional for all models.
66 has a different console and tach. Tach would be a free standing item that just mounted on top of console plate.

man you guys , i'm missing my 880 rag now . still building some others . i'll get back on it . i promise , still gathering . swapping in a 426 wedge 4spd . maybe a dana . disc's on all four corners . 66 300 buckets . its had twin fours and then a 6 pck on the 383 auto . i got the stick conversion stuff . next set is time n money , lol .
DSC08125.JPG
DSC08184.JPG
DSC08596.JPG

View attachment 173597
This is a 65 Monaco without the optional tach. Opening just has a blank-off piece in bezel. I believe tach was optional for all models.
66 has a different console and tach. Tach would be a free standing item that just mounted on top of console plate.
Any idea of a place that makes repro bucket upholstery like this? I've got a saddle interior too, and have a ripped driver's seat cushion...

Any idea of a place that makes repro bucket upholstery like this? I've got a saddle interior too, and have a ripped driver's seat cushion...
A lot of us here have asked the same question. Legendary doesn’t appear interested in our big Dodges. I believe the material is available though. I plan to have a local shop redo the seats using the exist seats for patterns.

A lot of us here have asked the same question. Legendary doesn’t appear interested in our big Dodges. I believe the material is available though. I plan to have a local shop redo the seats using the exist seats for patterns.
Yup, from what I've gathered, the Monaco seats in '65 were only used for Monacos, and even Polara upholstery was different..

I contacted SMS and another NOS material seller(can't remember who)several years ago about NOS material for my 426 Monaco. Both had it in black. Guy I talked to at first company was kind of rude and the lady at second company was much nicer. She stated that they had both materials for the seats(centers and outers are different)and also had the door skin material. Sorry, can't remember which company was which but try SMS at the very least.

Does anyone on here have a red 65' 880 Convertible With red Buckets,and white top?
Last heard It was in Ohio.I am just curious,as I sold it in 2000. it had a 68 383 with HP manifolds.

Back