The Beast II

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
image.jpeg
Well I sold the original "Beast" a few weeks ago. I made the mistake of crusing the Internet seeing what was out there close by. Yes I got a deal on it. ( I think) Needs a LOT of little things to pass tech & just make it better. Hopefully it won't need any major things. I wanted a cheap car I could get track ready fast. Seller states this car runs low 7's eight mile. We'll see. It does need painting. On this car I just want to get it to pass tech & running good. Not too concerned about looks

Last edited:
Do you think you will stay with the big block? Dammit, now I'm getting the itch, damn you Bob, lol.

Do you think you will stay with the big block? Dammit, now I'm getting the itch, damn you Bob, lol.
oh yea. I got this car dirt cheap. I'm going to fix a few things & just have fun. The cam doesn't hit hard at all. I have been crunching numbers on the racing calculators. Looks like it's a 8.05 to 8.20 car as is. I'll try to get in in the 7's. May slide a bumpy cam in her

Last edited:
According to Wallace racing calculators @3700 pounds & 325 horse power it should run a 8.25. So that I think is the low end of the scale. Now same weight & 350 horse is 8.05 Which is the high end. So i figure it has at least 325 horse & on the line weight of at 3700. So if it has more power than 325 horse & weighs less than 3700 on the line then it will be that much faster

Seller told me it was a .430 lift Lunati cam & the heads had been milled .50 & larger valves installed. Said it had the stock converter that was reworked to stall around 2K. He said it runs low 7's but based on the cars estimated weight & mild engine & only a 4:10 gear I think he is mistaken & it's a low 8 second car. So it shouldn't take much to get it in the high 7's which is plenty since I'm on a budget. It has that heavy stock front bumper with the Hugh bumper impact shocks. That's got to be 120 pounds right there. I need to find a glass front bumper that will look stock appearing & fab some lite aluminum brackets.

Well that didn't take long!

Congrats! Have fun with it. I love seeing these at the track (that rare once in a while you do).

I'd have to repaint it too. Can see Tim allen behind the wheel back in '95 lol

Yes it would but too much work. Don't have time for all that. Just wanted something cheap to play with. My goal is to get her in the 7's

image.jpg
Ok I have decided on a new name for the car. Ive decided on FURIOUS. It's a more fitting name. Now for some bad news. I bought a 850 amp battery today. The old one was dead. It's mounted in the trunk. There are 3 large black cables leading to it. Two are wraped together & obviously the power cables. I wasn't paying attention & hooked them up wrong. Turned on the kill switch & went to flip all the unmarked toggles on to refresh me on what each turned on. Suddenly i can hear wires poping & smoke starts pouring from under the dash. Quickly went back & hit the kill switch & started looking things over & that's when I realized I had hooked the cables up wrong. I switched the cables back & turned the kill switch back on & all is good. The toggles still work. Started car & it seems to run ok. Tack works, but none of my gauges work. So closer inspection I find I fried the power wire from the GM alternator. Probably got the alternator too. So I need to have alternator tested & run a new lead wire for it. Check all my fuses & maybe replace some under dash wires. Car did seem to run good. Feels strong. I may have something here. I hope so. Anyway hopefully I didn't hurt anything too bad. I'm going to buy some red electrical tape to wrap the power lead so that won't happen again

Back