The Bluesmobile

Can't do it anymore. I need to stick it between the dual tires on the tandem axle.
Something about the smell of hot rubber that relaxes the muscles after holding it for the last hour.

man that thing has come along great. it was a bummer at first to see a nice car like that [looked like] BM'd. but ive seen through this entire thread and all the pics, its awesome work, and care. hes done this thing a huge favor. i guess the rust on my car is barely surface rust. just a small bit in the trunk pockets, a bit in the drivers floor from leaking glass. but thats about all. very nice!

I can't do that anymore. I refuse.
10 - 15 minute. Max...

It used to be real fun. Hell I used to look forward to jumping in the car/truck, and driving from here to MI, and back. Not so much fun anymore.

Around here though, you gotta drive 45min-hour just to get anywhere, so I'm used to it. Traffic blows here! I've never seen worse drivers in my life!!

man that thing has come along great. it was a bummer at first to see a nice car like that [looked like] BM'd. but ive seen through this entire thread and all the pics, its awesome work, and care. hes done this thing a huge favor. i guess the rust on my car is barely surface rust. just a small bit in the trunk pockets, a bit in the drivers floor from leaking glass. but thats about all. very nice!

Thanks! Shes come a long way, but still has a VERY long way to go. I don't even want to know how many hours in body work I already have into her! Hopefully she'll be back on the road again someday.

Should start a thread on your car. I'd love to see it! Or did I miss it somewhere??

i havent posted any pictures just yet. hopefully soon. no threads either just checking stuff out so far. keep up the good work.
Thanks! Shes come a long way, but still has a VERY long way to go. I don't even want to know how many hours in body work I already have into her! Hopefully she'll be back on the road again someday.

Should start a thread on your car. I'd love to see it! Or did I miss it somewhere??

This spot was a bit of a pain in the ***! Hard to get to all the welds with the grinder. But its done. Coming along....

Thanks guys.

Good work. Man, I wish I could work on my 68 Newport, but you never know who is taking pictures to tell work comp.

Well, your just laying under the car.. How strenuous could that be?? :dontknow:

Macgyvered this panel in, this afternoon.. Not sure how happy I am with it. Kinda sucks not having most of the original metal to go by. The driver side is pretty ate up too.

Ran out of gas for the welder. Good excuse to call it a night, and go relax.

Good work. Man, I wish I could work on my 68 Newport, but you never know who is taking pictures to tell work comp.
Doh! As a kid, we caught a guy with a camera taking pictures in front of our house. My Dad realized quickly he was interested in a neighbor, not us. The camera guy ran off when we came out of the house. My Dad went over to the neighbor, who worked at Ford. Yup, he was playing the workman comp game. Next day he went back to work. Haha

Nice work on the Monaco!

Some more accomplished. Finished the rear of the wheel well up.

Now I'm working on this nasty mess.. I tried to replicate the lower dog leg, like cm23 said a few pages back. Take the new metal, clamp it over the old metal, and form it as the new panel, but this did not go over so well.. I'm gonna try and save the rear portion of the lower dog leg, as it is still pretty solid, except for the wheel lip (i'll replace that the same as the rest of the lip) and form the new metal to fit in the front, to replace whats needed.

Drilled out the spot welds, and peeled the panel back, to access the rocker panel. Also removed the nastyness of the inner rocker panel. Still have some clean up to do back there. Once the outer rocker panel is worked, add the new metal to the inner rocker panel, then finish with the dog leg. Thank you salt!!!

I was trying to find an icon of a guy dropping his jaw, but that didn't happen, I'm so impressed that I don't know how else to say it, I hope I can grow the stones to tackle the body of my Fury like this, and this successfully!

Nick!

It would be cool to have Nick and Zac's cars parked next to each other at Carlisle...one of these years.

2015 maybe???

I was trying to find an icon of a guy dropping his jaw, but that didn't happen, I'm so impressed that I don't know how else to say it, I hope I can grow the stones to tackle the body of my Fury like this, and this successfully!

Nick!

Thanks Nick! Its by no means %100 correct, but shes a driver, and thats all I care about. I hope it lasts, as I don't want to do this again anytime soon! lol Better be good for the rest of my life!

It would be cool to have Nick and Zac's cars parked next to each other at Carlisle...one of these years.

2015 maybe???

One year Bob! Maybe 5 more at the rate I'm going! lol I look forward to parking next to the council, and board members at carlisle.

One year Bob! Maybe 5 more at the rate I'm going! lol I look forward to parking next to the council, and board members at carlisle.

That means Commando 1 would need to be there in Bittersweet or his NYB...I hope to get there one day...bucket list still.

Back