The Bluesmobile

Almost done with the rocker.. The inner rocker is being a pain. A lot of weak, rusty metal. Especially around the leaf spring mount. The middle mount actually rotted away completly from the rocker.. Some thick metal to just disapear! Gonna have to fab up a new one, but I'm not cutting all the mounts out! So gotta find the little bit of strong metal left around them to weld to.

I had to turn the heat down on the welder, to fill in a few big gaps between the new panel, and old... The outer rocker came out pretty good! Made 3 patches on it. My grinder finally took a dump. Down and out till I get another one. I'm using 16GA metal on the rockers. Seems to match the orginal metal perfect.

The family is coming down in a week and a half. Was hoping to show a lot more progress then whats done.. Doesn't look like thats gonna happen! lol

Finally finishing up this lower dog leg! Put in severl hours the last couple days.

Now on to the inside...

Got to use my new needle scaler! Eats right through the undercoating, and rust!

Got most of the bad cut out. Now on to forming, and welding in the new patches. Got a couple small patches done today. Called her a day, and having a drink...

Some more progress. The door had to come off today. Couldn't weld with it on anymore! Floor is coming together though...

Ordered a new carpet set from 1AAUTO.com Its supposed to be an ACC carpet. I've heard good things about ACC. ACC wanted a little over three and a half +shipping if I ordered directly from them. Ended up paying $215, with free shipping through 1A. Anyone use them before? Got my fingers crossed! Should know in a few days..

http://www1.1aauto.com/

1A was one of the pioneers in drop shipped online auto parts. RockAuto came along and became the 800 lb. gorilla in that market.
I didn't even know they were still around but I used to find them excellent.

Posted via Topify on Android

Good to know! Thanks Stan. I had never heard of em before, but came up with them while doing a google search for the carpet. It was either them or stockinteriors.com (except for ACC). I found out 1A stocked ACC stuff, and felt better about that.

Man, I was supposed to be working and spent the last half hour going thru this build from page one. I got to say, congrats for building a car YOU love and for doing the work yourself. I look forward to seeing this progress, and really want to see a 440 installed. Awesome job!

Thanks joe! Glad you like it! The blumo deff raises attention, whether it be good, or bad! lol But I love her to death! Hopefully someday youll be able to see a 440 in between the fenders. I'm hoping to see it as well!!

Welcome aboard as well, if I didn't see ya earlier! :eek:ccasion14:

Getting pulled over frequently by the real cops ? :)

I've only been pulled over in it once actually. In OH when she went on her last trip. Cop took a pic, and let me go. Hell yea!

Shes got a floor in the rear again! Woo! Still some work to do, and clean up. But I'm happy this part is coming together. Was not looklng forward to it. Will still be interesting when time comes to fab the outer wheel well to it though...

No metal goes unused. The little scrap pieces come in real handy in these spots.

The carpet arrived the other day. I was a little dissapointed at first. But, its starting to grow on me. Obviously the color is a lot lighter. Also there is no texture to it, like the original had. But it does match pretty good with the seats/rest of the interior. So I'm not gonna ***** too much.

If only it was time to put it in though!

That really looks great Zack. I would guess that to be one of the most complicated areas of the body to have to fix.

Thanks guys!

Been laying low.. Had a tooth pulled last week, my lower right big molar. Ended up getting dry socket. Dear god, have any of you guys had that before? That was hands down the worse pain I've ever had. Was handling it pretty good until I went back into the dentist yesterday, and they had to clean it out, and medicate it. Was jumping out of the chair! The whole nerve was exposed. Even after 4 shots of morphing I could feel everything they were doing. Uhg.

So not much work on the car... I did get a new A/C condensor fan for my ram. SOOOOO nice having good working A/C again after 4 years of not having it! Been getting into the mid 90's here. Usually I like having the windows down no matter what. but guess I'm turning into a puss boy lately.. haha

Fabbed up a new wheel lip, now the outer wheel well is going in... Not the happiest with it. But Its not coming back out. Gonna be fun grinding some of these welds!

Back