The Bluesmobile

I feel so much better now!!!!!
Thank you.

Anytime! :eek:ccasion14:

New floorboard, and metal going in..

Took a break from welding today.. Dissasembled a little more of the leaf spring. I'm actually very surprised, with how rusty the underside is, all the nuts, and bolts are coming apart fairly easy. I also thought the leaf spring bushing would be in worse shape. The springs have always seemed to function good, and the car had a pretty high stance before everything came apart. Not sure if they were re arched before or not.. Doubt it though. Regardless, I'm gonna dissasemble them, clean, paint, and install new hardware and bushings. See no reason so far to get new ones, or have these ones serviced.

I do need to get new clips for the rear sides of the springs, They rusted away completely on both sides. Still need to remove the front clips from them. Any tips, or suggestions to do so??

Need new nuts, and bolts for the hangers. Pressed the old ones out with the vise..

Great work and great update Zach

I was worried at first that you may have filled in the slots for the sill plates but see you left them

20140827_143306_zps1eaedf06.jpg

I would have expected a little beefier springs for a Cop Car .. is this a BB car or 318/360?

Might be a good idea to get some new springs .. take a look at the ones Donny has in his thread the car will handle and ride great with something like those :)

Great work and great update Zach

I was worried at first that you may have filled in the slots for the sill plates but see you left them

Luckily their still there! That would have SUCKED down the road!! Ha!

I havn't been looking forward to the other side!! BUT!! I got a buddy on the blumo board whos willing to sacrifice his parts car dog leg, and quarter for the driver side. Should be getting it in a week or 2.

This side is a NASTY mess! A bunch of bondo hiding more.

(red lines are cut lines for him to get an idea..)

Not sure if the sill plate holes will still be there when done....

I would have expected a little beefier springs for a Cop Car .. is this a BB car or 318/360?

Might be a good idea to get some new springs .. take a look at the ones Donny has in his thread the car will handle and ride great with something like those :)

Shes a 360 car originally. BB going in after body work. I've been thining hard on some new ones. But $500 is a little outa budget at the moment.. Plus I've already ordered the iso eliminator kit for these. I'll go check out donnys.

I just reposted a couple pics of his in a thread last week I think. I'll got check it out and post the pics

P.S. that sounds pretty high for springs .. are C body springs that much?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Dave knows a guy .. check with them maybe :)

I replaced 4 sets of springs . One on each of the Polaras I have owned within the last fifteen years. One I went from five leaf to six and the others were all 7 leaf cars from the start. All were purchased from www.ESPO.com ... None of them have sagged since and all fit well. I always prefer replacement

discussion on springs here http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar...em&p=189837&highlight=leaf+springs#post189837

there was another post recently where leaf springs were discussed .. but I don't recall which one

I gotta tell ya'll, there is some great guys over on the blumo board! I was talking with a buddy about getting the driver side dog leg off his parts car. It went from dog leg, to whell arch, so on, and so on. He sent me these pics today. Hell yea!! Picking it up end of this week!

All the exterior metal, and rocker panels are solid! The car sat for years, and the floor boards withered away. The whole underside was trash. A moment of silence for her. :angel5:

But some of her will live on with mine.

Been a while since I've reported anything.. Not much has been happening lately. Went on vacation a few weeks ago, and on the way picked up the back section of the other car. Looks pretty good for what I need. The very bottom edge of the quarter is a little ate up, so will need to replace that. Still a s#it ton better then what I had. The dog leg has a few bubbles here and there, so keeping my fingers crossed on that. That was the main part I was after. I cleaned the garage up, and its hanging out under the car.

I got a new fancy phone, so had to play around with the camera. I told sprint the camera is the most important thing to me. All the pics in this thread were taking with my old phone, it had a great camera on it. This one doesnt seem to like a lot of light, so might have to tinker around with it..

All outa gas for the welder, need to run up, and get some.. But the floor is coming along

Lastly, during the trip, I dropped my truck off with a buddy to do some work on it. He handed me the keys to his new toy. Got to drive this for the week. Not really my cup of tea, but had a blast driving her! She runs great, and goes down the road beautifully. I felt real bad though... The day after we exchanged vehicles back the heater core blew on him. So shes currently getting a new one.

Shes a REAL bare bones '79 coupe deville. Only has 2 options. Floor mats, and rear defrost. No vinyl top, or anything else. thats what he wanted.

That is a rare bird indeed. Nice, though.

He had been looking for years for one. Growing up, his mom had one in red. He loved that car. He wanted a red one, with cloth interior, and no vinyl top. He finally settled on this one. Got everything except the red. Hes still looking though lol

Floor pan is all finished up. Very happy how it came out. Was not fun grinding those welds up by the pedals. Ever try balancing a grinder at a certain angle, above your head, on your back, while laying on an uneaven surface??

Started digging into the driver side quarter. Jesus H! The bondo was holding what metal was left together. I finally gave up, and opened a beer lol.

Deja vu a year later..

Started on the bottom rear wall. Welded this one on the backside (a lot easier to grind). Didn't get too crazy on these welds, as they are outa site, and hidden by seam sealer..

Back