The Bluesmobile

Looks great... you would have had more fun hitting the junkyards with me though:rolleyes:

Hell yes I would have!! Keep an eye out for formal cop car parts! If you come across a '74 14o police speedo (with the small 0's, not the same size 0's) please let me know!!

I still gotta go in Mon, Tues, and Wed though. Plus pay day isn't till tomorrow. That's getting us up there. I get paid the day we head back from MI too, so that will help a bunch.

We checked with AAA. We've got 4 free 100 mile tows. Figure as long as we make it to Carlisle, and a little past it on up to MI, we'll be good (hopefully not needed!).

I've still go my ties up there, so should be able to handle it if something goes wrong.

better figure on about 5 mpg with the speaker on :)
View attachment 131999

Never was big on the speaker. I've pondered making one for shows, and what not. But I enjoy driving it too much to have that hassle lol.

One thing after another. Either it's getting nervous, or is really trying my patience lol.

Brand new speedo cable broke. Luckily autozone will have a new one for me in the morning.

This is one of a handful of parts for this car, not including the truck from Rockauto that has failed me almost right out of the box. I will not be ordering from them anymore. They arn't the cheapy bottom grade stuff either. Usually the higher/mid grade stuff. Granted all the parts are moderately priced through them, but still. Not too happy with them this last year...

IMG_1480.JPG
IMG_1482.JPG

If it makes you feel any better Zac!! my car got hit yesterday by a JERK OFF driving a U-Haul truck with no license and no insurance.. he begged me not to call the police, so I did! Lol, turns out when the police arrived he had warrants for his arrest.. I was losing my mind to say the least. I was coming to Carlisle if I had to bring my car in pieces! Lol, thankfully the damage is light and very fixable. So Chin up!! And let's get the Blumo the road. :steering:
IMG_1288.JPG

IMG_1289.JPG

If it makes you feel any better Zac!! my car got hit yesterday by a JERK OFF driving a U-Haul truck with no license and no insurance.. he begged me not to call the police, so I did! Lol, turns out when the police arrived he had warrants for his arrest.. I was losing my mind to say the least. I was coming to Carlisle if I had to bring my car in pieces! Lol, thankfully the damage is light and very fixable. So Chin up!! And let's get the Blumo the road. :steering:
View attachment 132332
View attachment 132334
That sucks... glad you helped the fella find a cop.

Sorry to hear that Zac.

Get the new one in, hit the road for Carlisle, and then sit back with the gang and have a cold one or two. Should help a bit.

Hang in there buddy... it'll all work out. Keep in keep'en on brother. See ya in a few days.

Thanks guys! Just aggravating as all hell. Working through bugs from the car being apart, then new parts breaking on top of that. Hopefully Carlisle will be trouble free!

View attachment 132332
View attachment 132334

Damn!! That sucks! Glad his *** got hauled off though! Good on you. I'd probably be hauled off if it were my car lol.

Glad it's not too bad a hit.

Look forward to seeing it in a few days!

Thanks guys! Just aggravating as all hell. Working through bugs from the car being apart, then new parts breaking on top of that. Hopefully Carlisle will be trouble free!
It won't be, but as long as it's minor stuff... you'll have a blast doing the trip. My rental should go back Wednesday, but I'll try to help if I can before then.

Appreciate it Jeff! Hopefully we'll be good. Fingers crossed.

New cable is in, and seems to be working. Finally gave her a cleaning. Interior still cleans up pretty good. That blue magic leather and vynal cleaner, and conditioner do wonders. Pay no mind to the sweat soaked seat lol. I'm getting too big for crawling around under that dash lol

The dash pad is showing its age with fading, but what can be expected.

I'm not touching the outside. Gonna let her get dirty for correctness, for now.

Didn't get to the wipers.. all the glass has a healthy coat of rain x.

Gave her a full tank of gas for the trip. Just waiting to leave now!

IMG_1484.JPG
IMG_1499.JPG
IMG_1500.JPG
IMG_1501.JPG

Where is your family at in MI and how long are you going to be here?

Pinckney MI. About half hour outside of Ann Arbor.

We'll be there from Sunday night to Friday I believe. Going to be in south haven for a couple days in there somewhere.

Just curious if you were going to be near me. I am in the Thumb

I might try to make it out to Detroit to meet another member Tuesday. But that's probably the closest I'll get. Family, is already making a bunch of plans. On top of that, I try to catch up with some old friends. I always feel like I left somebody out on the way back lol. So much to do, so little time...

No Carlisle this year??

We have to get you to Carlisle too... can't believe we've let you off the "peer pressure" this long.

Exactly!! Come on! Everyone's doing it lol.

Bummer John, glad you turned him though. Gives you a little satisfaction. But not enough to pay for the repair. See you in a few days!

Back