The Imp will ride again!

feets

Reaction score
Big Imp.jpg
After too many years off the road I ordered parts to put the Imperial back together. Parts have been ordered and The block is at the machine shop now.
It's growing to 543 cubic inches. Needless to say, my old Edelbrock heads will be the cork in the bottle. Well, that's assuming I find some decent headers that fit.

That poor widdle 8-3/4 is going to have some work to do. The fresh TrueTrac will help.

Yes, I need more adult supervision but I'm fairly confidant that once the tires start to spin they won't stop. :D

Glad to sese that you're back in action again! Is the trans strong enough to be between all of that torque and the weight of the car?

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Glad to sese that you're back in action again! Is the trans strong enough to be between all of that torque and the weight of the car?

Enjoy!
CBODY67

No, but that's never stopped me before. :D

I have a 518 and Ultrabell to install once the 727 goes high order.

I recall the earlier threads on the 518 and other items. So they're still "waiting"?

Plans to reinforce the rear springs? Or install the earlier Imperial only traction bars?

CBODY67

Yeah, I've had the car for a while now. Sadly, it's been off the road for 5 years. Life got in the way with me having a full time job and starting my own business.
I've been able to settle things down a bit and have really been getting the bug to play with an old car again. The Imp is the logical choice since it simply needs a motor and I enjoy rolling down the road in it.

Besides that, I really want to get started on my roadster project but the Imp is physically in the way.
Money has been spent and the ball is rolling. The Imp will roam the streets once more.

Back