The Rarest Fusie

I like a nice set of boobs as well as the next guy, but pic's of them can be found about anywhere, No need to look at them here.
I'd be more interested in what the rarest C body is.....
:waiting:

I like a nice set of boobs as well as the next guy, but pic's of them can be found about anywhere, No need to look at them here.
Thank you.

And I'm going with a Fury I post coupe with 3 on the column and a 318.

I remember hating driving a 3 on the tree. I think that 383 Fusey that was here not long ago would be a riot to drive now.

I remember hating driving a 3 on the tree. I think that 383 Fusey that was here not long ago would be a riot to drive now.

I loved driving a three on the tree, when I didn't have to double clutch, that's a skill I haven't perfected. I'll need to learn when I get my girlfriends 54 Mercury Medalist on the road later this year.

The way I remember it;
With standard 3 spd. manual transmission...
Fury: standard engine, /6. optional engine, 318
Dodge: standard engine, 318. optional engine, 383
Chrysler: 383 only.

I think....
Somebody can go to Fuselage.de and correct me if necessary.

For 1971, according to my Encyclopedia of American Cars, both the L-6 and the 318 were standard in the Fury. It doesn't give a lot of detail, but it looks like V8s were standard in wagons, and the L-6 in the rest of the line.

Dodges are a bit more complicated, showing the same L6/v-8 standard. Monacos had V-8s standard, it looks like. But Polaras had lines DE41, DE 23, DE 43, as well as DL 41, 43, 2346, 46, DM 43, 23. DL and DM seem to be marked as V8.

Maybe they had a differentiation around the stubframe, with the V8s getting a different line designation?

Chrysler had a 360 base engine.

I think this one is pretty rare ...... probably far from being the rarest :icon_silent:

105_0713.jpg

105_0713.jpg

I think the 1970 Newport Cordoba reviewed in another thread is up there in rarity. Besides having survived in "Joisey", Galen Govier had only seen one other in a junk yard....

attachment.php

No /6's came in the Dodges.
And throw away that book....

Why? Because it's right more often than you?

http://fuselage.de/index.html?http://www.fuselage.de/dod71/
"[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Helvetica] The engines ran from the 225 six (in Polaras) to an optional low-compression, four-barrel 440 V-8 in Polaras and Monacos.:

http://fuselage.de/index.html?http://www.fuselage.de/chr71/[/FONT]
"[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Helvetica]but later in the model year, the Chrysler Royal was added as an entry-level model. It sported the new 360 cui smallblock as standard engine."[/FONT]

I list it when I reference it not because it's the definitive source, but that way people can judge for themselves how seriously to take the information. Unlike some on the internet, I try to give citations rather than just bloviating.

Lowest I could find in the Standard catalog of Chrysler was 1970 Polara. Total built, 50,400, (rounded to nearest 100), was 132 6 cylinders.

... the Standard catalog of Chrysler was 1970 Polara. ...

I see there's a 1924-1990 and a 1924-2000. Any difference in detail? I noticed in the Book That Shall Not be Named that when they went to 2000, they didn't increase the length of the book, they reduced the detail.

Also, if there's a difference between editions that's important, that would be good to know. Otherwise, I'll buy the second (newest) edition.

Thank you.

And I'm going with a Fury I post coupe with 3 on the column and a 318.

You cant break it down by engine

The way I remember it;
With standard 3 spd. manual transmission...
Fury: standard engine, /6. optional engine, 318
Dodge: standard engine, 318. optional engine, 383
Chrysler: 383 only.

I think....
Somebody can go to Fuselage.de and correct me if necessary.

slant six was available in the polara

For 1971, according to my Encyclopedia of American Cars, both the L-6 and the 318 were standard in the Fury. It doesn't give a lot of detail, but it looks like V8s were standard in wagons, and the L-6 in the rest of the line.

Dodges are a bit more complicated, showing the same L6/v-8 standard. Monacos had V-8s standard, it looks like. But Polaras had lines DE41, DE 23, DE 43, as well as DL 41, 43, 2346, 46, DM 43, 23. DL and DM seem to be marked as V8.

Maybe they had a differentiation around the stubframe, with the V8s getting a different line designation?

Chrysler had a 360 base engine.

for 71 the DM was the brougham and the base was a 383

No /6's came in the Dodges.
And throw away that book....

Yes, they did...........

Now, back to options.... you simply can not break it down by options because if you go deep enough they all are one of one.

My latest acquisition is an N code, only 19 made with that engine, see how simple that is? Out of 842 they made 19, now, factor in the buckets and console, now what? should I keep going? No, because you have to go with body only, wagon, two door, four door, convertible....now, back to our regularly scheduled distraction

I have to go back to this /6 Polara thing.
I can't recall ever seeing a U.S. one. Ever. Makes me sad.

Believe they were made for the Canadian market and export , seen lots of sl6 cars (also c bodies ) for sale in belgium.

Back