The sub frame project has begun..

Guess I need to get out more. I don't recall ever seeing them body colour, again because they're not part of the unibody. I'm still going to hold out until someone has photos of an unrestored car.

To me, having them black sets off the engine itself as well as the engine compartment and all of the wiring and small ancilliaries that you attach to them are going to stand out very nicely.

I'm thinking you're doing a bang up job and doing it right both cosmetically and mechanically. Plus you seem to be getting all of this done in record time, which is a whole 'nother giant thumbs up all by itself.

In about two weeks, I'm going to actually have some time to look for some seriously good technical info on your car, and I'm hoping it will answer some of these questions.

For the time being, can you get back into the website where you find the subframe info in that online parts catalog? Sheetmetal parts are normally listed as "Paint as required" to match the body colour - fenders, doors etc., but if there's no notation like that for the inner fenders, then I'm going to call them as being provided in chassis black.

I scooped that data off the parts manual located here

http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=31 Main Index

http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=107 - Parts & Accessories manuals

I think you've painted the inner fenders (more or less) the correct colour. I don't believe they were body colour. If the inner fenders were integral to the unibody, then yes, they'd be body colour, but when they're bolt on, they're black.

On the C-Body they were body color up to 68? then matte black.

Alan

Well I bled the brakes with the assistance of my lovely wife last night after discovering that I had 2" rear brakes and not 2 1/2" so luckily I had the old shoes which were like new.

I discovered that the the new drums would still work!

Slow day yesterday as my wife was returning from NC so I had to put the wrenches down to pick her up from the airport.

Mounted the driver's side inner fender.
I had purchased replace body bolts but again a minor set back discovered that the bolts were metric in the Imperial bins!!

This slowed me down but heck it was 10pm last night when I found this out.

I also received the replacement torsion bars which fit like a glove!

Thanks again to Murray B Park who kindly exchanged my original (FURY) t-bars with a pair he had.

I'll post pics later!

Well I bled the brakes with the assistance of my lovely wife last night after discovering that I had 2" rear brakes and not 2 1/2" so luckily I had the old shoes which were like new.

Exactly the same as me except with front shoes, I bought 3" and had 2 1/4".

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

These all look like redone cars, especially the ones in the non oe colours. I'm going to shut up about this for now, because I can't prove what I'm saying. I'm working on getting photos of unrestored cars to see what they're like. Then I'll be back.

These all look like redone cars, especially the ones in the non oe colours. I'm going to shut up about this for now, because I can't prove what I'm saying. I'm working on getting photos of unrestored cars to see what they're like. Then I'll be back.

Here is an unrestored 65 in Regal Gold (AA)

Here is an unrestored 65 in Regal Gold (AA)

I'm beginning to be convinced. ((-:

Is the half of the inner that attaches to the fender fully sprayed or does it have body colour overspray?

Well after a bit of struggling, the inner fender halves that connect to the fender don't fit.

I had bought them knowing that they fit a 65 Polara.
The inner inner fenders work but the out inner's don't.

i quickly patched my old ones up with masking tape and rubberized stone guard.
They are easy enough to swap out from underneath the fenders. No major surgery required..

20140706_125711.jpg20140706_174943.jpg20140706_174920.jpg

20140706_125711.jpg

20140706_174920.jpg

20140706_174943.jpg

No worries there.. I can appreciate the car restored either way.
If I was going for a 100 restoration then definitely I would have researched the heck out of it before painting! :)

I see a fender in place. Looking good. The red pin stripe looks nice on your car. Sorry your inner fenders didn't fit. I have a little rust issue on one of mine but not doing it now. They are so easy to remove I mess with it later. I shot some undercoating on it and will bolt it into place.

Well after a bit of struggling, the inner fender halves that connect to the fender don't fit.

I had bought them knowing that they fit a 65 Polara.
The inner inner fenders work but the out inner's don't.

i quickly patched my old ones up with masking tape and rubberized stone guard.
They are easy enough to swap out from underneath the fenders. No major surgery required..

View attachment 33896View attachment 33898View attachment 33897

Do you have splash shields for those upper control arms, or will you be making yourself a set?

I'll be fabricating a set myself from the old ones as templates.

After I make them, I'll throw them away and buy a set!! LOL!!

Here is the latest after tonight's work.
All the tin less the hood is on now!

Best of all, there's no parts left over!!!

20140707_231421.jpg

20140707_231402.jpg

20140707_231411.jpg

Back