They bringing our favorite color back!

Oh WOW!!!! For a second.........I thought it was going to be Panther Pink!

They already did that with furious fucia.

"In 1970, Dark Green Metallic was the fourth most popular color on Dodge Challengers, while Light Green Metallic (FF4) was the fifth most popular color. In 1971, Light Green Metallic (GF3) was the third most popular color on a Challenger, while Dark Green Metallic (GF7) was the fifth most popular color. That's a lot of green cars."

Interesting, so it seems they have some numbers to break down models by color. I mentioned before that green is supposed to be the most popular color in Europe this year; I'll keep my eyes open for it.

Last edited:
Any place where you could look them up for C-bodies of that vintage ?

When it comes to colors everyone has their own tastes. I actually like green, well some shades of green, for cars. I like that green, especially with the black stripes. I personally prefer greens that lean toward the yellow-gold side rather than the blue side of the spectrum. I liked the old Avacado Gold (KJ6) green. I think I remember reading somewhere that it was the color used on the very last Barracuda to roll off the assembly line in 1974. That car had some black on it too.

Theres probably not one person who works at Chrysler who understands the Mopar/green significance especially the negative emotions. Bunch of 20 sumthins in the art department all doing coke without a clue.

< Sent from my tablet >

That's one of the problems on why we are where we are now. There was more apprentessing and mentoring. You started out as a draftsman tediously doing heater knobs over and over eventually becoming a Sr. Manager of a Division. Now you walk out of Stanford and after designing a skateboard, you're in charge of designing the next gen 2017 Challenger at the age of 26.

That's why not one manufacturer has a sensible central display system. A 26 YO's brain isn't wired correctly. They sit at a 5 million dollar etch-a-sketch.

< Sent from my tablet >

Last edited:
Back