time to ask the gurus. overheating.

The chains are getting a lot smarter about the online business. I've noticed that Advance's prices, inventory, and availability has improved so drastically that they've beaten out RockAuto almost every time for me in the last couple of years.
Seriously? An A/C compressor for 106 bucks? Yah, man. That's where I went. :eek:s_dancing2:
Now O'Reilly's is coming to town. Can only get better.

I like Rockauto but the shipping costs can be a deal breaker. Auto Zone seems to be the most helpful these days.

Auto Zone seems to be the most helpful these days.
smiley-laugh-point-up-yellow.gif

I work for autozone but i ordered a radiator from advance, our vendor was out of stock but they were cheaper anyways :)

Posted via Topify on Android

Auto Zone seems to be the most helpful these days.

Go ahead .... laugh. Advance ordered one wrong caliper for Jazebelle and couldn't get the correct one, either could Napa and Oreilly's wanted twice as much ...... Auto Zone came through the next morning, and for less money then I paid Advance for the wrong one.

I like Rockauto but the shipping costs can be a deal breaker. Auto Zone seems to be the most helpful these days.

In my area, there are 4 different stores all very close to me - Pep Boys, O Reilly's, NAPA and Autozone. I check all these stores frequently for prices and availability of parts and the store that meets my needs most often correctly, lowest price, quality parts and gets them quickly is clearly Autozone. None of the others compare, really. Even NAPA, which used to have the most parts for old cars, loses out most every time to Autozone these days.

It still comes down to the people, had a guy order me a trans mount for my Challenger wrong one comes in we go through hash session tells me someone changed something on my car and nothing he can do. Brought the old mount by can we match it up, "No", as I'm walking out of the store woman that works there says there are pictures on the computer if I want to see if I can match it, 3-5min later ordering the correct one.

This is the appeal of rock auto, I don't have to be stuck with the dummy in the store and have to ask for the next person.

I have been keeping an eye on all the big players. Advance Auto is the big mover... not only are they the biggest auto parts retailer in the world but they are the most solid company financially. (I have business degree and this is one of the things that interest me and I research the big players with my expensive education). Advance just bought Carquest (heavy,heavy commercial automotive business) and Auto Parts International and WORLDPAC (best import parts supplier). Pep Boys and Napa is skating on thin ice financially.... I wouldn't doubt that Advance buys Pep Boys within a year. If you're going to invest...Advance stock or a 401k with Advance.

I have been keeping an eye on all the big players. Advance Auto is the big mover... not only are they the biggest auto parts retailer in the world but they are the most solid company financially. (I have business degree and this is one of the things that interest me and I research the big players with my expensive education). Advance just bought Carquest (heavy,heavy commercial automotive business) and Auto Parts International and WORLDPAC (best import parts supplier). Pep Boys and Napa is skating on thin ice financially.... I wouldn't doubt that Advance buys Pep Boys within a year. If you're going to invest...Advance stock or a 401k with Advance.

Can someone explain to me how AutoZone is still in business?

No one ever accused Bob of being humble

A lot of people I know with a degree don't work in the field that they studied in. It took me 10 years to finish my degree while I was in the Army. I took most of my classes overseas (Central Texas College, Univ of Maryland, City Colleges of Chicago, Univ of Oklahoma, etc.) on nights and weekends, etc. We had to find 12 people... soldiers, wife's, post high school kids, etc to get a course started. Sometimes we would start a class for a few weeks, suspend the class while we go to the field (Grafenwohr) for a month and then resume the class when we got back to our base. I rarely use anything except for some management and math stuff at my job.

[/QUOTE]

Can someone explain to me how AutoZone is still in business?[/QUOTE]

They make a **** ton of money, and believe mewhen i say, it dont run downhill.

Posted via Topify on Android

Back