Today's project

furyus 67

Reaction score
Cleaning up these 273 commando valve covers. I did a lil googler lookn, have to say I didn't find a lot on them. Are these rare-sh? I swear I've seen these on a 67 barracuda.... Or another abody .
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Question: these wire holders , they seem to have a thicker coating than the rest of the valve cover. I'm doing some light media blasting and sanding to get the paint/rust off of them to sell them. The question is " should I remove the rubber like coating from the wire holders?"

Well I found some more info on them. Thanks for the replies.:wideyed: Looks like they are single year only. Anyone care to chime in???????¿

Never seen them before. The fins look like after market additions How are they attached? They look like chromed base metal.

Never seen them before. The fins look like after market additions How are they attached? They look like chromed base metal.
Everything I've seen says they are HIPO Mopar 67 only valve covers. The fins are aluminum (I think, non magnetic anyway) and are glued or something. I see no bolt holes under the inner baffle.

I remember seeing them on an A-body. I think it was a 67 273 Barracuda. It was a very long ago, so I'm not sure of the application.

They look nice cleaned up. What are they going on?
Thanks Fratz! I love this little sandblaster!!I'm probly just gonna clean em up and sell them....Maybe keep for wall hangers.
I remember seeing them on an A-body. I think it was a 67 273 Barracuda. It was a very long ago, so I'm not sure of the application.
That's what's stuck in my head. I know I've seen em on a 67, just can't picture where. I found a couple pair on eBay for a silly price . More Mopar un-obtainium I guess....

The description from this pic says 66 Dart. The chrome air cleaner rings a bell and I remember they were wrinkle paint.

1965-1966-dodge-dart-gt-273-3.jpg

These were used on 65 to 67 high performance 273s. Darts, Barracudas and Valiants. Your covers are 67 only as they have the rubber grommet for the PCV valve. 65-66 PCV was a press on and looked like the breather cap on the other valve cover.

These were used on 65 to 67 high performance 273s. Darts, Barracudas and Valiants. Your covers are 67 only as they have the rubber grommet for the PCV valve. 65-66 PCV was a press on and looked like the breather cap on the other valve cover.
Thanks for the info!! The only place I could find any decent information was forabodiesonly. One eBay add said they were 67 only but failed to reveal why lol!! Thanks again Brad.

Kool stuff, too bad they're dented up.

The "rubber" on the wire holders is plastidip and is there to protect the spark plug wires from being cut by the steel.

Back