TRUNK SPATTER PAINT SIDE BY SIDE BY SIDE

polarus

Reaction score
I recently purchased a can of the old Dupli-color spatter paint as well as the new formula ans a can of Eastwood trunkpaint. I used a rear door as my test subject. I scuffed the paint with steel wool and wiped it down with acetone. The original Dupli-color went on very heavy similar to undercoating, it had the most texture when dry. The new Dupli-color goes on very flat and looks more like a metallic paint than the other two, smooth finish when dry. Eastwood brand seemed to resemble the factory finish, not as much texture as original Dupli-color, but not flat.
trunk paint 009.JPG
trunk paint 011.JPG
trunk paint 012.JPG
trunk paint 015.JPG

An update, after waiting a few days I took a damp sponge and wiped down the three coatings, both Dupli-color coatings passed without any loss. The Eastwood lost a little coverage,(first photo) not very noticeable. Repeated using a soaked sponge, the original Dupli-color lost a little coverage, (second photo) the new formula held up with no loss(third photo.) The Eastwood lost the most, with the grey base turning a shade lighter, (hard to notice) overall they all held up pretty well with Eastwood looking the most original.
trunk paint 2 001.JPG
trunk paint 2 002.JPG
trunk paint 2 003.JPG
trunk paint 2 004.JPG

Back