For Sale VIRGIN 67 New Yorker Black Plate San Diego Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

watchfatha

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hello All.
I am the second owner (for about 2 years) of a bona fide magnificent original 63,000 mile 1967 Chrysler New Yorker. I purchased it from the original old lady owner whose husband bought it for her brand new here in San Diego in 1967. It is spectacular looking and driving and has not been painted. It even still has its original "curb scrapers". I had the seats redone in exactly the same material (SMS) and exactly the same style due to wear on the corner of the drivers side, everything else is original and new-appearing. The car has Power Steering, Brakes, Windows, 6-way Seat, AM radio, Factory AC and it all works properly. The windshield washer plastic bottle is still good. The AC blows C O L D and is still on R-12. You can eat off the engine compartment. When I got it, it had been sitting for a few years so I refreshed it with new tires, shocks,
front for ad.JPG
brakes (optional front discs-and I replaced the pads and calipers), water pump, fuel pump, radiator, carburetor, belts, hoses, plugs, points,condenser, wires, brake hoses. In other words you can drive this car anywhere you point it and you will get there in style, comfort and reliability. I now have too many cars and not enough garage space, so this one has to go. I'd like to get close to $8k (have more in it) and I doubt there's an equal to it out there. There is NO RUST OR CORROSION OF ANY KIND ANYWHERE ON THE CAR.

Pics please!

Normal/standard on the 67 4 door sedan/hardtop. For whatever reason, that's where they put it.

NOTE: I also have almost all registrations since new and the Certicard still in the name of the original owner. Also have the dealer paper license plate that was on the car when it was on his lot, plus the black plates on the car are THE original plates issued by the state of California when the car was first registered. Still have the dealer license plate frames on them. Full original Jack and later Spare and original carpet in trunk.

The car is a beauty. :thumbsup: IMHO you NEED to put the original air cleaner housing back on :wideyed:.
Good Point. I have it but because I switched out the carburetor to an Edelbrock 1406 while I waited for the chance to rebuild the original carb, the openings are different and it won't fit. I still have the carb and the air cleaner.

NY Sedans are rare any year they were offered. They were vastly outnumbered by hardtops. Fantastic 67.

Do you know if it was sold new at Padre Dodge? Just curious as the '65 Monaco that I sold to rapidtrans was sold there when new.

All I can say is I'm glad it's a sedan with no power vents...

Oh wow - blue interior too. Can we have a couple more interior photos? Does it have split bench? I THINK that was new in '67. After owning rattle-trap hardtops, I'd love to have a nice solid sedan.......... white keeps cool at hot summer car shows, unlike black...........

Oh wow - blue interior too. Can we have a couple more interior photos? Does it have split bench? I THINK that was new in '67. After owning rattle-trap hardtops, I'd love to have a nice solid sedan.......... white keeps cool at hot summer car shows, unlike black...........

Working on it. FYI, I've had at least one each of every year Imperial from 1959 to 1968, including a 67 LeBaron with Dual AC. Right now I have a 66 LeBaron (Lilac Poly/gray broadcloth) and a 66 Crown convert (Spanish Red/White original leather). It is to concentrate on the 66 convert that I am selling the Chrysler. The convert has only 44k miles but it sat for a very long time and will need lots of mechanical refreshment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back