Welcome, snow

FB_IMG_1580012799277.jpg

this year pretty mild compared to a couple years documented here. I remember last year was chilly.
83489321_10157645294025325_4018937861079302144_n.jpg

this year pretty mild compared to a couple years documented here. I remember last year was chilly.
View attachment 349152
Mid 90's I moved permanently to FL, and my brother took a hotel job in St Paul. Aside for the winter phone calls to let him know I was working on my tan, we had a lot of fun discussing his living situation. The hotel had offered him relocation assistance in form of a free room until he found an apartment... he never went outside the entire winter season, but liked to check on the location of his car from an upper story window. I think he only got to look at a snow pile for several months as his car became the mound the plow used to push snow into all winter.

His POS hyundai was just as big a POS after the snow melted and AAA dropped a new battery in it when the hotel told him he had to go... I still find it pretty funny that as the bar/restaurant manager, he managed to go an entire snow season 100% indoors.

BTW, I never did make it to MN for either week of summer, and refused to even think about another season. My brother, his wife and her entire family moved to AZ, I think to avoid shoveling.

:bs_flag:tell me about how many 80* nights you guys have... :lol:
Not as many as you do, thank god. We still only have two weeks of spring or fall, if we are lucky. Two years ago, we got a bunch of snow, only to have temps around 85 four days later, and it didn't cool down any til August.

He didn't ever leave the building, that's insane?
That’s a special kind of person right there!:lol:
Kind of nuts to be in a position to be able to that... he went to the front door a few times and retreated... seemed a lot smarter than venturing outdoors unnecessarily to me :D

I had difficulty with the car advise, he wouldn't go start it because it was too cold... then the plow guy decided to make it part of the landscaping.

Funny how different we are... first car I bought- 1974 Imperial... $50 and a drum set. First car he bought early 90's Korean loss leader... the cheapest thing they made and he could get financed (better than the Yugo option I would have had 6-7 years earlier, but still a POS). The most F'ed up part is when he gets nostalgic over that POS like I do my Imperial :BangHead:

Kind of nuts to be in a position to be able to that... he went to the front door a few times and retreated... seemed a lot smarter than venturing outdoors unnecessarily to me :D

I had difficulty with the car advise, he wouldn't go start it because it was too cold... then the plow guy decided to make it part of the landscaping.

Funny how different we are... first car I bought- 1974 Imperial... $50 and a drum set. First car he bought early 90's Korean loss leader... the cheapest thing they made and he could get financed (better than the Yugo option I would have had 6-7 years earlier, but still a POS). The most F'ed up part is when he gets nostalgic over that POS like I do my Imperial :BangHead:
I only stay inside when I don't have to work and it's -26° outside. I'd definitely move if I was that afraid of being out in the cold for a brief time. I think I'm stupid, that's why I stay here. It's gotta be it.

I only stay inside when I don't have to work and it's -26° outside. I'd definitely move if I was that afraid of being out in the cold for a brief time. I think I'm stupid, that's why I stay here. It's gotta be it.
I'm never going to argue as long as you keep quoting temperatures with a minus sign in front of the number. The only condition I'm willing to accept solid water is in my drinks.

I'm never going to argue as long as you keep quoting temperatures with a minus sign in front of the number. The only condition I'm willing to accept solid water is in my drinks.
Compared to some of our Canadian members, we don't get cold. I'd probably think I'm dreaming if I lived in a state I could drive year-round with my old cars. And 100° heat doesn't stop me from doing that.

I love the 115 degree days here in Phoenix. Without them there would be three times as many people moving here. It's way too peoply here as it is.

Back