WHAT ? Another 61 Fury restroation......

I might have a photo of the car down loaded . Here is a couple of photos of the car

View attachment 140574

View attachment 140576
The owners widow will be selling the car if any one here is interested let me know and I will message her on face book, If I had the cash I would buy it . I even told my dad and he is not interested, I told him I thought it would be neat to have 2 '61 furys in the garage

I'll be back at the paint shop in the next couple of weeks and will copy them for you.

Sorry it took more than a couple of weeks Tom. Here's that formula for the 61 interior green.

color formula.jpg

Its bigger in my file....... damm computors.

The owners widow will be selling the car if any one here is interested let me know and I will message her on face book, If I had the cash I would buy it . I even told my dad and he is not interested, I told him I thought it would be neat to have 2 '61 furys in the garage
I suggested to the widow of the owner to pass the car to a family member so the car would stay in the family

I suggested to the widow of the owner to pass the car to a family member so the car would stay in the family

Sometimes it's better to pass a car on to someone who will appreciate it. If no family member has spoken up yet then there's no interest aside from value.

No real surprise - I painted my car with a color only on the Imron sheets when Imron was new. A few years later I asked the same store to mix me some matching color in Centari, now it comes back as a Buick color. Just means someone in the car line liked it enough to use it.

VOLKSWAGON?

Yes. the shade was taken with a scanner which went into a computer which compared it to the closest listed color. Then custom mixed from that to the scanned color. The scan was taken on an original part never subjected to UV. :)

Last edited:
So they said make the VW as a base and adjust it from there. You can now trademark your color as it's own unique color. Just give it a name and sell it to Pantone

Sometimes it's better to pass a car on to someone who will appreciate it. If no family member has spoken up yet then there's no interest aside from value.
Their son has taken the car. Any up dates on your convertible ? Mine is almost ready for paint

So they said make the VW as a base and adjust it from there. You can now trademark your color as it's own unique color. Just give it a name and sell it to Pantone

I had the Gold Color for the Hurst analyzed as I couldn't find a fomula for the 1969 GM color in Europe and they came up with a Mercedes-Benz Color from the 80s-90s as a perfect match. Happens often, our Volvo 240 hue called Indiana red matches a VW Color perfectly as well.

[QUOTE="sb61fury, Any up dates on your convertible ? Mine is almost ready for paint[/QUOTE]

That's great Steph. Not much progress on my car as of late. Higher priority's. I have been obtaining parts and services as I find them. Almost everything needed to assemble Virgil is in place. Even some of the upholstery is done. Will be back on the body and paint soon.

DSC04530.JPG
DSC04532.JPG

[QUOTE="sb61fury, Any up dates on your convertible ? Mine is almost ready for paint

That's great Steph. Not much progress on my car as of late. Higher priority's. I have been obtaining parts and services as I find them. Almost everything needed to assemble Virgil is in place. Even some of the upholstery is done. Will be back on the body and paint soon.

View attachment 186018 View attachment 186019
[/QUOTE]
My dad and I will pull the motor and paint the engine compartment this winter . I am also sure you read that the 1 '61 fury in no longer for sale the late owner's son is taking it so the car will stay in the family.

View attachment 186018 View attachment 186019
My dad and I will pull the motor and paint the engine compartment this winter . I am also sure you read that the 1 '61 fury in no longer for sale the late owner's son is taking it so the car will stay in the family.[/QUOTE]
I know what you mean . I try to get spare parts in case I need them in the future.

Back