WHAT ? Another 61 Fury restroation......

How does the bottom part of the dash come off I would like to polish it to make it look better .

To remove that trim piece you first need to remove the stainless trim that runs across the entire dash just above the glove box. It snaps in with 6/8 clips. Be careful prying it off. There are about 6/7 small screws under the molding.
Then remove all the dash control knobs and switches, the radio, the ash receiver and glove box door. It would be a good idea to lower the steering column also.
The lower part is held in place with a series of very small pins with push on clips. Be very careful removing the clips as the pins are fragile and will come loose or break. The piece across the left side is very flimsy once removed so be careful not to bend it.
The job is best done with the IP removed from the car.
Unless it is in bad condition I think you might try some polishing compound and a toothbrush first.
Good luck. I do have a complete extra set of the trim piece's if something happens.

To remove that trim piece you first need to remove the stainless trim that runs across the entire dash just above the glove box. It snaps in with 6/8 clips. Be careful prying it off. There are about 6/7 small screws under the molding.
Then remove all the dash control knobs and switches, the radio, the ash receiver and glove box door. It would be a good idea to lower the steering column also.
The lower part is held in place with a series of very small pins with push on clips. Be very careful removing the clips as the pins are fragile and will come loose or break. The piece across the left side is very flimsy once removed so be careful not to bend it.
The job is best done with the IP removed from the car.
Unless it is in bad condition I think you might try some polishing compound and a toothbrush first.
Good luck. I do have a complete extra set of the trim piece's if something happens.
I will leave that part up to my dad instead .

Virgil's rear axle going back together.

rear axle.JPG

Not a lot to report. A few more parts and pieces acquired or restored but I've focused on moving my self to Gulf Shores and still trying to sell the house.
The body will be moved to another shop shortly though and that should create some motivation to get busy again.

Not a lot to report. A few more parts and pieces acquired or restored but I've focused on moving my self to Gulf Shores and still trying to sell the house.
The body will be moved to another shop shortly though and that should create some motivation to get busy again.
:thankyou:
:thumbsup:

Think you'll get time off for good behavior in November? :lol:

You will be close to the Florida state line. A little 411 there is no sales tax on food and medicine in the state of FL. I know folks that live close to FL go and buy their food in FL

I just saw on 60 Minutes where they handed out opiates like they were Tic Tacs too.:BangHead:

I just saw on 60 Minutes where they handed out opiates like they were Tic Tacs too.:BangHead:

I do all my grocery and liquor shopping in Florida. I think there is an opiates stand right next to the lotto store, just across from the Flora/bama at the state line. :poke:

I do all my grocery and liquor shopping in Florida. I think there is an opiates stand right next to the lotto store, just across from the Flora/bama at the state line. :poke:
My mother and I were talking she wants to move back to Florida and I am all for it .

Hey bluefury361, I have a favor to ask.

I am using the same Carter 3103S carb on my Slant 6 Valiant project (it came with the engine) and I don't understand how the throttle cable or linkage attach to the carb as there is no hole or stud on the upper end of the throttle lever.

The only thing that makes sense to me is that it must push forward on the lower end of the throttle lever.

Do you have any pics you could post ? Thanks

Last edited:
Hey bluefury361, I have a favor to ask.
The only thing that makes sense to me is that it must push forward on the lower end of the throttle lever.

Do you have any pics you could post ? Thanks

You would be correct in assuming that. Up through 61 the linkage "pushed" the throttle open from below the pivot. 62 and later used a cable and pulled the throttle open.

DSC04253.JPG

Just a small step..... Virgil's seat belts, ready to install. New webbing and very rare polished "forward look" buckles.
Thanks to the chief Bozo's partial government shut down Virgil's restoration is on hold for awhile.

DSC04710.JPG
DSC04711.JPG

I know of some one who drove their '61 fury from Nebraska to Florida. When you put Virgil back on the road and take him out for a drive by the ocean make sure you rinse him off . the salt from the ocean can cause car cancer and wax once a month also .

I know of some one who drove their '61 fury from Nebraska to Florida. When you put Virgil back on the road and take him out for a drive by the ocean make sure you rinse him off . the salt from the ocean can cause car cancer and wax once a month also .

Wax on. . . Wax off. . .

Back