WHAT ? Another 61 Fury restroation......

What stripper are you using?

Will, are you going to paint Virgil or have someone else shoot it?

I'm using "ZIP strip".
One thing I am not good enough at to meet my own standards is body and paint.
It will be done by a fellow near me.

Last edited:
Todays accomplishments.
It seems the fellow who "restored" this car made it look worse then it is. Lots of bondo where it wasen't needed. I'm pretty happy with the actual condition. It's in good hands now.
The firewall, underbody, interior and trunk tubs will be blasted this weekend.

DSC04144.JPG
DSC04143.JPG

Todays accomplishments.
It seems the fellow who "restored" this car made it look worse then it is. Lots of bondo where it wasen't needed. I'm pretty happy with the actual condition. It's in good hands now.
The firewall, underbody, interior and trunk tubs will be blasted this weekend.

View attachment 145331 View attachment 145332
The progress is impressive, but the thing that really has my envy is the winch on the trailer... I don't use mine enough to justify the purchase yet, I hate the come along.:realcrazy:

You certainly aren't in AZ, judging by the flash rust. I really want to try my hand at painting a car someday, using real automotive paint and trying for a good finish. The humidity in FL is my biggest fear... I don't know how I would ever work fast enough to prep and paint here before something started to flash. I'm like you Will, I don't think I will be 100% happy with my results... but I still want to try with the 76 NYB.

My dad drilled small holes so the water can escape on my '61 and I will be using epoxy primer on the body and I am also using por 15 and rust converter to kill the car cancer

I did some more sanding on mine but I did not take any photos. I wish I had 1 of those rotesserys

Virgil spotted in place for disassembly. View attachment 137314 View attachment 137315
I'll trade power brake boosters with you will my oval 1 for yours
View attachment 137717 View attachment 137718 View attachment 137719 View attachment 137720 View attachment 137721

I rented space in a shop up north of me owned by a great car guy who got excited when I told him what I wanted to do. Fully equipped shop with shop air, jacks, hoists, tire machines, etc. Its a clean, secure and private area with no public access. The body and paint shop is only a mile and a half away.

Some pic's..........
Do you want to swap power brake boosters mine for yours. :lol:

WP_20170126_003.jpg

Involved in the thankless process of cleaning, degreasing, sand & bead blasting all the small stuff. All the stuff one dosen't think about going in. It's in the details.

Back