WHAT ? Another 61 Fury restroation......

Will, I like your approach of gathering all of the hard stuff before diving in. It's kind of like counting the cost before diving into a building project - will I be able to finish what I start.

So many restro projects, started with good intentions, get abandoned because of underestimated cost and unavalibility of needed parts. There are a lot of rare cars out there in pieces and forgotten.
Most of the money needed for this project has already been spent, and over a long period of time. Still a chunk to go yet. I'll be able to do this right and still keep my head way above water.

Its has been a journey on mine. I decided this is going to be the last car my dad is going to restore for me.

I found out why the seats were so uncomfortable. All the foam was in the heater box.

DSC04101.JPG
DSC04102.JPG

No sign of any rust though.

All cables, linkages & wiring between body and stub frame are disconnected. 8 bolts and the body and stub can be separated.
I was happy the hand brake assy and drum look great. I'll just need to clean up and reuse everything.

DSC04100.JPG

Mice moving the seat material in to the heater box to make a nest?

They love the light bays of my house; time to put a mesh over the eggcrate grille covers.

DSC04111.JPG
DSC04112.JPG
DSC04113.JPG
DSC04114.JPG
DSC04115.JPG
DSC04106.JPG
I've finished the major "de-construction" on Virgil. No more surprises, in fact it's better then I thought it would be. It's amazing how well the car came apart. Even the three little threaded studs on the gas pedal came off with no issues.
I hope to get the body over to the soda blaster this week or next. Then straight to the body shop.
I'll be busy with all the sub assembly's and component restoration after that.

View attachment 143966 View attachment 143967 View attachment 143968 View attachment 143969 View attachment 143970 View attachment 143975 I've finished the major "de-construction" on Virgil. No more surprises, in fact it's better then I thought it would be. It's amazing how well the car came apart. Even the three little threaded studs on the gas pedal came off with no issues.
I hope to get the body over to the soda blaster this week or next. Then straight to the body shop.
I'll be busy with all the sub assembly's and component restoration after that.

Very neat, Wil. What are ya gonna do to that Poly Head? You KNOW what I would like to see. . .

It took the paint guys 2 hours to nail down the color for the dash and other interior components. Now my painter is experimenting with correct textures.

DSC04107.JPG
DSC04116.JPG
DSC04117.JPG
DSC04118.JPG
DSC04119.JPG

Back