WHAT ? Another 61 Fury restroation......

Very neat, Wil. What are ya gonna do to that Poly Head? You KNOW what I would like to see. . .

Yes, I know Rip. Don't hold your breath. :poke:.

fury-318poly-jpg.jpg

This is really close to how it is suppost to look, (except for the red hoses). And is how Virgils 318 will look.

Will, how is the restoration progressing?

Wide open Bob. I have parts out all over being refurbished. Some chrome in Tennessee, carb in Ohio, clock in Wisconsin, deck lid in AK. stainless in Bham AL. and a steady flow of new and NOS parts as I need/find them.

All cables, linkages & wiring between body and stub frame are disconnected. 8 bolts and the body and stub can be separated.
I was happy the hand brake assy and drum look great. I'll just need to clean up and reuse everything.

View attachment 143225
I would replace the wheel cylinders and other brake parts to be safe. If a seller says they replaced brakes or rebuilt the front end my dad will still go over it . He does not trust what they say.

I would replace the wheel cylinders and other brake parts to be safe.QUOTE]

Good advise. The brakes on Virgil have been all redone. The rear axle in him is from a 1968 Newport which eliminated the trouble prone original tapered rear hubs and the trouble prone brakes. It now has a bit larger rear drum brake with current parts availability.

Clean, strip & prep on Virgil's body and related parts.
I'll have all the paint stripped from him by the end of the day. then sand blast the underbody, interior tub and trunk.

DSC04129.JPG
DSC04130.JPG
DSC04131.JPG
DSC04138.JPG
DSC04139.JPG
DSC04140.JPG
DSC04141.JPG
DSC04142.JPG

Will, are you going to paint Virgil or have someone else shoot it?

Back