What did you do to your C-body today....

Drove a good 50 miles. She’s fresh out of getting four new corners.. verdict is out on the brake booster... sucked for the first few miles but seemed to come back after that..vac issue? .. I’ll likely replace it anyway but it was SO awesome not to be white knuckling it around. .. hit 75 and it was a dream.
View attachment 285202
Weren’t you trying to sell her a while back? She looks familiar.

Weren’t you trying to sell her a while back? She looks familiar.
I was. Thing changed for the better for once. She’s not totally out of the woods but one big ugly thing got sorted out. Now drivable, I’m pretty sure I can handle the rest.

The other possibility is that the brakes had an air bubble in the lines someplace that purged itself. You might also want to check the check valve on the booster case and the fitting that comes from the manifold. The manifold fitting sometimes carbons up and restricts vac flow. Check valves that are inoperative allow the vacuum in the booster to be bled off under full throttle operation.

Dave
I’ll give it a good look over the next few days. Worst case is a new booster but everything else is working great. I wouldn’t worry if it weren’t for the hiss when the pedal wasn’t depressed.

Are you going to keep the Holley on the 440 high performance engine?

Dave
Yes just to get the wagon going when I first put the motor in I only had a Edlebrock 600 a friend at work had this Holley. Works pretty good so far.

I drove my C to Autozone and got a solid state voltage regulator for it. VR706 the original cap fits on it. It seems to have stabilized my gauge fluctuating issue.
Thanks @cbarge
View attachment 285091 View attachment 285092

Also put it up on jack stands to do a second torque check on my suspension and stub frame after about 100 miles.
Need to replace my rear wheel cylinders while it is up. My rebuilt ones are starting to seep. No leaks allowed. They must have been too pitted even after honing.

The one without a cover looks like a mechanical voltage regulator. I trust that is the old one.

The one without a cover looks like a mechanical voltage regulator. I trust that is the old one.
Yes I already had the old cover on the solid state one with the old mechanical sitting by the new cover.

I filled her up with bubbly fluids.
IMG_20190512_130156_496.jpg

Pushed the Monaco out of the way some could start Laura's '56 Mercury Medalist. Well it didn't want to start, no fuel to carb. So I get to charge the battery in the Monaco back up, try to get my bolt and spacer freed from their rusty bonds, and get an alternator hooked up so I don't need to swap batteries.

And the stepsons girlfriend's daughter broke the plastic trim piece on the side of the driver's seat, so I guess I'll be looking for one of those. Found out they are plastic, not metal. Now I know.

I might start bringing all my parts in he garage over to my storage unit, but they are a mess as well. I need two weeks off to organize all my stuff.

Pushed the Monaco out of the way some could start Laura's '56 Mercury Medalist. Well it didn't want to start, no fuel to carb. So I get to charge the battery in the Monaco back up, try to get my bolt and spacer freed from their rusty bonds, and get an alternator hooked up so I don't need to swap batteries.

And the stepsons girlfriend's daughter broke the plastic trim piece on the side of the driver's seat, so I guess I'll be looking for one of those. Found out they are plastic, not metal. Now I know.

I might start bringing all my parts in he garage over to my storage unit, but they are a mess as well. I need two weeks off to organize all my stuff.
What's a Mercury Medalist? Please post a picture as I'm to lazy to Google it! Thanks

Drove to work(yawn), had a few younger folks ask about the Polara. (Thought it was an old Charger) , came home and checked fluids (it’s been about 300 miles since the drive train rebuild.) Checked and cleaned ground connections between engine/chassis/body. I’m OCD about having good grounds. My son, who will soon be getting his license, went over his El Camino likewise.
First person who knows the reference of the California plate gets a no prize!

F00B9AC4-E361-49B4-8C2B-6C409BBD83C6.jpeg

9B008F54-CAE4-4735-A059-D70619FB03B2.jpeg

1A4EED00-C271-44CD-A2CE-78F2D131EA03.jpeg

Something not correct for the car. It was painted sometime in the 80's I think.

I spent a good portion of the afternoon sanding some of the pits out of an old Ansen aluminum slot. It and it's equally pitted twin will be buffed and put on the front of the Polara.
They will likely not be as perfect as the 2 ET slots I have for the rear but that's ok.

Replaced the rear brake wheel cylinders today. Had to make another run to a different parts store to get some that would accept my original bolts. The first set I got had metric bolts in them. Nope.

Put back together and started bleeding. Forgot more brake fluid. Will have to wait until Wednesday. Also detailing my dash panels. Will post another thread for some advice on the white on black lettering.
B85E73E6-5C91-409C-A842-1F6B47BD66EB.jpeg
C858C43F-A34E-435B-B41A-3B6A08E24BFC.jpeg
B63DBC04-A8F9-42EE-AF4A-1B6ED1BAE129.jpeg

Back