What else do you drive?

That's the reason I came here, my favorite has got to be a 67-68 300 fast top. I also am leaning toward a 2 door formal. I know you didn't ask me but figured I would offer since we were on the subject.

I love the 68 300, fast top or convertible..... Good choice, you buying or kicking tires?

I see some nice 66's in all colors and the 66 is probably the most common and easiest to locate of all Furys. Good luck with that, you'll know its the one when you see it.

Thanks. I see a lot of 66 hardtops and sedans, and even Fury III verts, but Sport Fury verts, not so much. Too bad its not a 68 I want. I see a lot of 68 Fury convertibles for sale, and a buddy even has a beautiful big block red with red interior and white convertible top 68 Fury III vert for sale I would jump on if only a 68 would do it for me.

10373830_705581209488932_2344223248461922952_n.jpg

28851_101726633207729_4385720_n.jpg

10423718_705581486155571_2093948518823486818_n.jpg

Last edited:
I am a Fuselage guy, I do see 66s-68's a lot compared to other years. Yeah, I guess looking for a convertible will slow you down

I had to laugh, to me those are new cars, heck newer than the 80's is new to me.

All mine are old.

1970 Dodge D-200
1969 Polara 4-door sedan (daily driver)
1969 CHP Polara
1967 Barracuda Fastback.

Last new car for me was a 1999 Sebring JXi sold in 2004

Alan

Unfortunately, those older cars and mine are very inappropriate for driving in the Bay Area during commute hours as I was well reminded on Wednesday in a close call with the Park Lane.

Outside that I am also a fanatic about getting 30+mpg when commuting.

Everything now built is near impossible for a do it your self type guy to maintain.
Disagree.

It's still internal combustion and the drivetrain hasn't changed much other than independent rear suspension which is actually easier to work on.

My 09 Challenger, I've replaced exhaust, suspension, sway bars, tranny, driveshaft, diff, axles, etc. all in my garage on jack stands.

Yah, the basic layout hasn't changed since the ox driven cart.
So if you can hook up a new ox to the cart, you can rebuild a computer encapsulated DOHC 1.1L 4 valve/cylinder VTEC multi displacement triple turbo 3 cylinder pumping out 385 HP on the Valet setting alone

Posted via Topify on Android

I guess it's more of what your willing to work on. The new car I got has no oil dipstick. Computer everything, even to check the oil. Sure when the time comes, I could change out a part, but diagnostic equipment wise you will need the factory scanner, probably factory training, and serious free time for the learning curve. A lot has changed since ball bearings. (Fletch quote :) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4prqDn7QS8I

I love the 68 300, fast top or convertible..... Good choice, you buying or kicking tires?

I am pretty much tire kicking. The economic slow down a few years back and a truck that broke in the middle of it, and some bad choices getting going again have put me in the rears, digging out so maybe in another year I'll get serious, also don't want to buy a project I have enough of those. Really want to find a car fly out drive back, on my bucket list, so to speak.

Yah, the basic layout hasn't changed since the ox driven cart.
So if you can hook up a new ox to the cart, you can rebuild a computer encapsulated DOHC 1.1L 4 valve/cylinder VTEC multi displacement triple turbo 3 cylinder pumping out 385 HP on the Valet setting alone

I need one of these for my neon.

I need one of those like I need a second butt hole.
Only a dealer can diagnose one of those at $100.00 ++ an hour.
No Ross, you can't fix it from watching YouTube..
Any high school dropout can swap out mufflers on a Lamborghini.
Ask him to figure out why the engine shudders at 2,500 RPM when giving it more gas....

You're a braver man than Iam for buying a car with no oil dipstick!! I would be looking for a different car. If I can't check my own oil I don't need the car!!..........

I guess it's more of what your willing to work on. The new car I got has no oil dipstick. Computer everything, even to check the oil. Sure when the time comes, I could change out a part, but diagnostic equipment wise you will need the factory scanner, probably factory training, and serious free time for the learning curve. A lot has changed since ball bearings. (Fletch quote :) )

I drive a 2013 Ford Fusion Energi Hybrid and like it, my wife has a 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan we picked up a couple years ago with 70,000 miles on it for 2900 and she loves that,.

my everyday stuff. forgive my "heresy" any CV-P71 traditionalists who may be watching.

IMG_1192.jpgIMG_1217.jpgIMG_1142.jpgIMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1192.jpg

IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1148.jpg

Last edited:
I did drive my '65 Newport everyday for over three years. I only parked it to do some work to it. Stuff that wears out over time and it did have lots of electrical issues. Still ironing it all out.

I have a '94 Corolla that I got after I parked the Newport. I drive a 108 miles a day round trip so mpg is kind of important. With that said, it is still too new for me. I've always had old vehicles. I much prefer an old Mopar or Dodge with Cummins power to anything. I have little desire to own anything new.

I want another old Mopar with a slant six or 318. I'm building a '41 Dodge truck with a 318 that I plan to drive the piss out of.

I was always asked, "How do you afford gas for that thing?"
"Easy, I'm not making a payment on it--- I can buy a lot of gas for $350 a month!"

my everyday stuff. forgive my "heresay" any CV-71 traditionalists who may be watching.

View attachment 40721

No arguments from me! The Ford/Merc Panther-bodied cars are among the best FoMoCo has ever made. Durable, inexpensive to drive and service, plentiful, and attractive. I have a 1986 Country Squire, and my son has a 1985 Grand Marquis. Very nice drivers. You've dolled your cars up nicely! I'd like to take my wagon and do up a Mustang GT engine for it, with the GT roller cam, GT40 aluminum heads, and such. Lower it two inches all around, put some real rubber under it, and drive!

Back