What else do you drive?

A newer Chrysler.

DSCF6061.jpg

DSCF6061.jpg

I don't see the appeal of the crown vics other than to maybe annoy other drivers, I have driven one, rode in one (yes in the front) but if it works for you, what the hell, parts have to be cheap.

It's the last of the big body-on-frame cruisers and they're tough as nails. Ex-police cruisers are cheap, too.

I don't see the appeal of the crown vics other than to maybe annoy other drivers, I have driven one, rode in one (yes in the front) but if it works for you, what the hell, parts have to be cheap.

Ford didn't make and sell 1.2 billion of them worldwide just for giggles!

Beautiful Panther! I used to have an '02 CVPI and I miss her dearly!

thanks.

CV P71's...fast, fun, and you can still get parts. the better ones (2008-2011's with low mileage, low idle hours, statie or Fed cars) are mid teens all day long even now.

both mine are ex-michigan state police rigs. bumper bar car is a '99, plain car is a '00 (deep wedgewood blue metallic..cool color, looks black night).

17x9.5 and 17x11 wheels to try to spice them up and people still slow down when they come up behind me.:)

IMG_1140.jpgIMG_1143.jpgIMG_1162.jpgIMG_1163.jpgIMG_0780.jpgIMG_0781.jpgIMG_0953.jpgIMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1140.jpg

IMG_1143.jpg

IMG_1162.jpg

IMG_1163.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

I love that Deep Wedgewood Blue, one of the better OEM colors ever created, IMO.

I love the Crown Vic as well. I cringe every time I pass the Yellow cab parking lot. They usually have 3-6 fresh cars from the auctions waiting to be painted. Many are still very nice.

Body on frame construction is nothing to brag about your a set of coil springs vs leaf springs removed from a model T. Cheap and tough as nails is something I can understand.

A box on a frame is something I understand.
A stamped sheet of metal tortured into creases, wrinkles, nips, and tucks, I do not understand.
K.I.S.S.

Posted via Topify on Android

I'm trying to reconcile that statement with being in FCBO.
Sorry. I just can't.
Akin to someone saying they ate Veal last night in a PETA forum...

Well I guess its just one of those things where everyones tastes are different, I really like the way the ford handles and it does evrything I need for an everyday car.

I actually have always preferred "body on frame". I was little disappointed many years ago when I realized that my Mopar C-Body wasn't body on frame. From all of the cars I've seen, "unibody" cars seem to be a lot more rust prone and more difficult to repair than "body on frame" cars. Just my two cents. Fortunately, my Newport is in pretty good shape underneath.

I've always liked the Crown Victorias and Grand Marquis and wouldn't mind grabbing one before they're all gone. One thing that amazes me is that a few of the steering parts and some brake parts that fit my '70 Mercury also fit Panther cars up to 2002, or whatever year they changed to rack and pinion. The sad part is that these cars are being disrespected just like our C-Bodies always were. They appear to be becoming the next generation of derby cars. :( A shame IMO.

I bought literally one of the last GM B/C-bodies in production. A RoadMaster Wagon rolled out and two days later the line shut down permanently. I spent the duration of ownership with it turning down obscene offers from Pakastani cab drivers and every funeral home owner that saw it.

Those things were w i d e in the rear. As if Buick was trying to resurrect big car sedan/wagons. We can see where it got them.

A Chrysler a body designed in the late fifties is as stiff a chassis with a lot less weight and about as simple as you can get its just the box. With some simple mods you can have a chassis that will rival any of the high end sedans available today and that is before you add a pita roll bar.

Still the argument of cheap and tough trumps all.

A couple 62 Opel Rekords with a staggering 60 hp ;) and the 240 Volvo hauler among other stuff, no pics at Hand though.

Back