What is an apostrophe?

And it's **** like this that makes you look like a uneducated fool, because you can't proof read and make corrections. And this includes others like you that do this crap and not care! WTF is your major malfunction? Are you stupid or what?
Glad to see I pissed you off so early! Go fly a kite, ya grumpy prick! Yay, I like being an asshat to another anonymous online person! :drama:

I think my non proofread statement blends perfectly with this thread, and excuse the hell outta me for getting off work this morning and NOT giving a **** if I spelled everything right, or if my phone decided to not have any word spelled in English proper. Considering I let this one slip, I must be a completely stupid person. BINGO!!!! You are correct, and the smartest person ever, because I rather sougt sleep than trust a spell checker that hasn't been working correctly. I'll tell Google, they should get it fixed by tomorrow for me, well, for you. Glad spelling is the measuring stock for ones apptitude.

As for education, I got me sum callege, but I den't get Kno deegree, just a werkin mahn, pretti kewl thow.

I did like the major malfunction reference, RIP R. Lee Ermey.

I hold no hard feeling toward ya Stubs, just had to answer in your style. Hope your blood pressure settled down by now.

Last edited:
I hold no hard feeling toward ya Stubs, just had to answer in your style. Hope your blood pressure settled down by now.
Glad you have no hard feelings. If your that tired when you get off work and stay off the I-net, then that wouldn't have happened now would it? My BP never got elevated a bit when I typed or posted that, but thanks for caring! Why don't you go to bed and get some sleep!

Glad you have no hard feelings. If your that tired when you get off work and stay off the I-net, then that wouldn't have happened now would it? My BP never got elevated a bit when I typed or posted that, but thanks for caring! Why don't you go to bed and get some sleep!
I did, shortly after I posted the misspelled post. Got up at 2:15, watching the granddaughters before they go home, priceless moments that I can't get back, I'll take as many if these as I can get!

Sleep deprived spelling errors? I blame the phone, gotta be the phone.

Last edited:
Correct punctuation may be tougher than spelling when using these smartphones. It's slower than a normal keyboard (even with predictive text suggestions) and generally a pain in the ***. It doesn't help me that I compulsively seek something close to American Standard English.

Sleep deprived spelling errors? I blame the phone, gotta be the phone.
My phone seriously is changing the spelling on me, I just had to edit my mistakes that I spell checked before I hit the post reply button. I've hated this keyboard that the Pixel has, once I got the first update, it's been a disaster.

I don't have a cell so I can't honestly answer, but I can see where it could be a problem.
Locu- I don't know you from Adam, your education level, or anything. Don't know if you were jokin or not in your post? That's besides the point. I see writing like that from people and it just boggles my mind how they can get through life being that stupid to not take some care or to take pride in their writings. I also have to wonder what their Boss thinks when they do that crap at work, intentional or not? I'd like to think that'd you concur what that statement? Being tired or drunk talk on the Net is one in the same, I have no hard feelings, peace out and on!

I don't have a cell so I can't honestly answer, but I can see where it could be a problem.
Locu- I don't know you from Adam, your education level, or anything. Don't know if you were jokin or not in your post? That's besides the point. I see writing like that from people and it just boggles my mind how they can get through life being that stupid to not take some care or to take pride in their writings. I also have to wonder what their Boss thinks when they do that crap at work, intentional or not? I'd like to think that'd you concur what that statement? Being tired or drunk talk on the Net is one in the same, I have no hard feelings, peace out and on!
Heavy on the sarcasm. I'm blown away by the poor spelling/writing at my job, half the people's writing can be mistaken for a third graders.

Last edited:
Back to the subject! What's this symbol for and when is it used? This symbol is ;
This is a semicolon. It is used to join together two separate yet related thoughts: a stronger pause than a comma, but not as strong as a period. When I was in school, the English teachers said to not use semicolons ever; I use them quite frequently though.

Every fricking post has had misspelled words in them, I've had to correct something in every damn post I've made today. WTF? Turning auto correct off.

This is a semicolon. It is used to join together two separate yet related thoughts: a stronger pause than a comma, but not as strong as a period. When I was in school, the English teachers said to not use semicolons ever; I use them quite frequently though.

Appropriate when you want to form a bond between two statements that are related or contrast with each other.

I squeeze tennis balls. It strengthens my hands for wrenching on cars. Related so I can say...

I squeeze tennis balls; it strengthens my hands for wrenching on cars.

How to use a semicolon - The Oatmeal

In my experience, "needs painted", "needs washed" and similar forms of speech where the words "to be" are removed are a colloquialism from the prairie provinces. In university I had a roommate and a girlfriend who both talked like that. They were both from Saskatchewan. That was 20+ years ago now, so not a new occurrence.

My kids say "on accident" instead of "by accident". I have no idea where that came from. Sounds weird to me.
I grew up in Saskatchewan and have never heard those terms, needs painted, etc expressed like that.
Can’t blame SK for those. Now terms like “prtneer”, that is Saskatchewan lingo. We prtneer hit a deer the other night headin home from cabaret.

Back