What is this?

AlVal74

Reaction score
This was broken on my rear 1/4 window track keeping it from going up and down correctly. Checked parts catalog and can’t find it at all. All I can find is 23-64-269.

IMG_2088.jpeg

IMG_2089.jpeg

IMG_2090.jpeg

IMG_2091.jpeg

Looks like a guide that may have had a roller attached to it.

What you fount was the Parts Type Code, with that you lookup the parts number in the text section.
With the part number you can check the internet, eBay, PartsVoice etc.

Alan

It was attached directly to the track. I tried all the numbers in the book, plus checked all the diagrams. The same 3 roller part comes up

I think that is a different Part Type Code, 23-64-300 / 2484977

The code you listed is for a metal part with rollers in it, there are a few different version, none with that as part of it.

Alan

If it’s anything like the ‘69-‘73 window tracts, that plastic piece is pressed directly into the slider, I don’t think you are going to find the individual PN, it’s replaced as a unit. Here is the slider from my ‘70.

IMG_8926.jpeg
IMG_8927.jpeg
IMG_8929.jpeg

That’s it !!! I was able to pop it off obviously. Think I’m gonna scan it and 3D print it with PETG. Then pop it back on. Hopefully

The back is just swedged on, you could grind it down, pop out the rivet and the just re attach with a machine screw. If you can print a few, I’m sure there are other members here that could use them. Maybe make some of your costs back, just a thought.

IMG_8928.jpeg

I just used an interior fork tool. Popped right off. The stud is still there so maybe find a sleeve for the print and shove it on. The pressure should keep it in place. I’ll post em when I print em if anyone wants one

Absolutely. If anyone needs one or any unobtainable part. I’ll happily give it a shot to print out what’s needed. Just send me a pic

Well, since I started piecing my interior back together, can anyone tell me where these 4 parts go? Someone, who shall remain nameless, just ripped and teared stuff out without marking it. Thanks again!!!

IMG_2104.jpeg

IMG_2105.jpeg

It appears that the black parts on the left are ‘cat whiskers’ and appear to be the ones that mount to the quarter panel skin on the outside of the rear quarter window glass.
I am unsure of the stainless steel parts.
I hope this helps.

Back