What wheel and tire size for 65 SF?

Jeeze man .. go easy. Has nothing to do with my age of 50...and as I said I'm keeping my original SF wheels to swap out when I want. I own the car and enjoy every aspect of it. I just happen to like the look of classic Cragars with some meat on them. Doesn't mean I'm ruining the car. I've spent the last 4 months restoring my engine bay BACK to OEM, because the 72 year old previous owner had no clue about the car other than how nice it was. Now the car is back to mostly original, with several needed upgrades and minor mods. I don't think taking a shot at someone's age based on what wheels and tires your running makes sense.

View attachment 343925 (sticker has been moved to proper side location)

View attachment 343926

View attachment 343929
That looks pretty sharp with the skirts and white walls. Loving aluminum rims, I'd be hard pressed to swap those stock wheels out. But it would give the car a whole new look, like when Sandy dressed up like Danny Zuko in the movie Grease.

From this:

GUEST_f677c3b4-9861-4d3b-a428-a50ad7a7af07.jpeg

To this:

71Jo1Pa4BZL._AC_UY780_ML2_.jpg

I don't know if I count as young at 49 but I've been hot rodding C-body cars since the 80's and don't plan on stopping. I've built and raced a '67 Monaco 500, '69 Fury III, '69 Polara 500, and my current '65 Sport Fury. I've had my share of A, B, and even one E-body cars over the years but I love my C's.

On my '65 I plan on a stroker BB, maybe with some N2O, fully caged, tubbed with fat tires, carbon fiber hood, fenders, inner fenders, a non-factory front stub/suspension, with a very stock looking interior. Oh, yeah, all wrapped in FM3! I guess I'll really be hated! It's my car so I'll do as I like :icon_fU:

Jeeze man .. go easy. Has nothing to do with my age of 50...and as I said I'm keeping my original SF wheels to swap out when I want. I own the car and enjoy every aspect of it. I just happen to like the look of classic Cragars with some meat on them. Doesn't mean I'm ruining the car. I've spent the last 4 months restoring my engine bay BACK to OEM, because the 72 year old previous owner had no clue about the car other than how nice it was. Now the car is back to mostly original, with several needed upgrades and minor mods. I don't think taking a shot at someone's age based on what wheels and tires your running makes sense.

View attachment 343925 (sticker has been moved to proper side location)

View attachment 343926

View attachment 343929

Beautiful car.......! :thumbsup:

I'm a big fan of Cragar SS. Not a fan of the unilugs but Cragar does have a forged aluminum wheel that looks identical but is drilled for 4.5 bolt circle.

A 275/60/15 will fit on the rear with a 15x8 wheel with 4.5" back space. I had them on my 66 New Yorker with 4" backspace and they cleared the skirts but barely. Lots of room to the spring so 4.5" would give a little more room.

235/70/15 gives a good look with lots of rubber on the road if you don't care for the staggered look. I have them on 15x7 Magnums on our wagon.

Kevin
IMG_20150615_123919054.jpg

I'm a big fan of Cragar SS. Not a fan of the unilugs but Cragar does have a forged aluminum wheel that looks identical but is drilled for 4.5 bolt circle.

A 275/60/15 will fit on the rear with a 15x8 wheel with 4.5" back space. I had them on my 66 New Yorker with 4" backspace and they cleared the skirts but barely. Lots of room to the spring so 4.5" would give a little more room.

235/70/15 gives a good look with lots of rubber on the road if you don't care for the staggered look. I have them on 15x7 Magnums on our wagon.

KevinView attachment 344019

Thanks for the info and advice. I'll look towards that size and go from there. Love the Longroof! My first car was a 73 Ply Fury Custom wagon... banana yellow, and wood paneling... ugly as sin (well, back in 1988 and being 18 yrs old) and still got laid in it. LOL!

Back