What's going on for your Thanksgiving??

Thanksgiving results. multi generational, multidisicipline table. faith in government: 0. faith in the mass media: 0. fear of the virus: 0. a great few hours. stepped out of the horrific anti-reality world of 2020 into this time warp of rationality that was 2019. i felt Blessed. we were all safe.

Update: As of 7PM Pacific time, no one has called the governor's hot line to rat out their neighbors for having more than 6 guests for dinner. Also no calls to any local sheriffs for the same purpose. Seems everyone would rather eat than obey, maybe there is hope for the country after all.

Dave
really? no one submitted the governor's address? :lol:

17lb turkey, 5 gallon bucket 48 hours of brining, couple hours baking and basting.
Couple of hours? By my calculations it's at least 3.5!

Had a good Thanksgiving with my wife, Daughter, Son-in-law, Grandson, Son and his girlfriend.

My Daughter provided the turnkey, which was pre-cooked by JD Food where she works. It was GREAT!!! But, since we didn't have our Thanksgiving Dinner at my Church due to Covid, and with Mariah providing a pre-cooked turkey, this was the first time in many years that I did not barbecue a turkey. Don't know whether I missed that....

Heading to our Daughter's home in Clovis (Fresno area) on Tuesday. Going to babysit our grandson Preston on Wednesday. Might be a little weird as his daddy works from home. Hmmmm..... He might not want to stay with us in the front room.

Our son and his girlfriend will be coming from LA Wednesday evening to be with us on Thanksgiving.

We are going to have a pre-cooked, smoked turkey from JD Food, whom our Daughter works for.
It was an excellent day. And since my Son's Girlfriend got the weekend off, they were able to stay with us through Saturday, which was very nice. That turkey was superb!! Spending Thursday with our Grandson, Preston, was easy! He didn't try to go to Daddy once. Yay!!

We left for home yesterday while Preston was napping. Mariah told us he cried when he awoke and found us gone. That warmed my heart! :)

Back