Where was this Mopar Brochure/Ad Photo shot?

I will hold off on revealing anything about 197 until tonight…. But I may drop another clue at some point.

For post 10, these were the details that clinched it for me that it was a Burbank set:
View attachment 536784View attachment 536785View attachment 536786

The angled detail in the plaster is
Not present on the neighboring building and the writ iron fence was also the other detail not present at the real location.
It could quite possibly be the studio location, it is possible the set is a copy of a real building (maybe even moved).

The studio set appears to have been built in the 50s (maybe earlier).

The 40 E 68th Street location isn't in the running, neither building has been modified, simply different buildings (different location).

Alan

so, i was almost 3,000 miles away huh?
A6FD0EB6-D87C-4A5F-93B4-76834DEA4B7E.jpeg

2,689 miles to be exact (from the center of Los Angeles) :)

16C9FD11-6A05-43DF-A987-EAF8D5FB8C46.jpeg

That’s the same one I found that led me down the studio path. The internet is an amazing tool.
When this one first came up (#10 Sep 15, 2016) I spent hours researching, google the architect, I think even the address. Came up with all sorts of other structures just not this one, even on sites with structures that were gone. I don't recall the studio link coming up.

Alan

View attachment 536794

2,689 miles to be exact (from the center of Los Angeles) :)

View attachment 536791
been noodlin this aftnoon.

my "hypothesis" from your first clue was based on geography. to have anyone with anything to do with Drake (who himself never set foot in Appalachia..he was a California cat i believe on his world tour) it must by somebody English with "juice" who knew/sponsored Drake back in England BUT also came to the New World

If that's true , the place is the "renegade" colonies ... the specific "where" in my hypothesis is NY, Penn, or MA/VA (Adirondacks, Catskills, Poconos, Blue Ridge foothills).

Looks like Philadelphia area is where youve narrowed it to?

I dont see an immediate connection of this plave to somebody associated with Drake ... but gonna try clergy for a bit.

no need to wait on me ... heck im eager to learn where the '73's are :)

Hmm .. wonder where this one is? :poke::) (parked in front of Fox Theater, downtown Detroit Michigan on Woodward Avenue)

1654898737290.png

Seriously .. I ain't found the "Rosetta Stone" for #197 yet. 90 minutes of searchin' and i got nothing .. and its nearly my bedtime in the EDT.

Looking forward to the solution from one of you expert gamers...

:thumbsup:.

Ok. So admittedly I am not that wise on all things Sir Frances Drake, nor Saint Lawrence River for that matter…. But this church was designed by the architect, Lawrence Drake. (See what I tried to do there).

And you are correct that this Lutheran church is in the renegade colony of Pennsylvania.

That last clue before the big reveal….

I learned through this puzzle that Arizona is not the only state with a ‘Phoenix’

Well there is one big mystery solved!

Now for the question of the day, how did you find it?

Alan

I won’t yet reveal my magic because I like this game too much. I did know the one location in Los Angeles on Hope and Wiltshire because of where I grew up, and the 300 in Chicago because of work travel that took me there…. So no magic done on those, but there is no way I would have figured out 10 and 197 without my bag of tricks.

For 197, this parish of St John’s Lutheran Church was designed by Lawrence Drake and it is located in Phoenixville PA.

Take a look:
St John's Lutheran Church · 355 St Johns Cir, Phoenixville, PA 19460

Have a great night folks. I look forward to the next one.

P.s. do I get a Dude! ?

Last edited:
Woop woop! A triple Dude. Noice!

I am looking at couple searches for the "diehards" to take a hack at ... if I can't solve them first I guess I'll throw it out there and let you cats use your "secret sauce" on them.

Your work on #10 and #197 was pretty darn good though .. those sum-guns seemed insoluable.

ALmost like these .. they could be ANYWHERE in the world -- unless OP was STANDING "there" 50+ years ago when these photos were taken. These wouldnt make fun games .. nothing to go on here.

UntitledEE2ccc12812Yxyz.png
UntitledEE2ccc12812Yxyza (2).png

Note though, if you decide to be OP, don't make it too hard on the "oldtimers" like me to solve :poke:

Fun thread, I missed this one the first time through.

There's a guy who does similar location sleuthing but with musicians, album covers and movies instead of cars.

www popspotsnyc.com

We have been to this city a few times in this thread. Its a midwest US city very near largest freshwater lakes in the world.

Though this is not a photo, the bacground location is a real city, structures are real, and at one time a picture could have been taken to approximate this view

UntitledEE2ccc12812Yx.png

The requirements:

1. City and State?
2. Implied location of this Dodge Coronet per the illustration, IN that city (nearest cross streets of location)?
3. Yes or No .. could you get a "similar" picture today of any vehicle against this skyline (note newer buildings may now be visible after 50 years)?

Degree of difficulty of this game is "middling" (but very low for "expert" solvers OR if you still live/once lived in this city in the past 50 years).

Just because we've been to this city IN this thread, even this location with other cars, may i uggest you DO NOT spend a lot of time going backward in this thread .. unless thats what you wanna do of course.

Post whenever/whatever you want, or PM me if you want me to confirm something you have come up with.

As OP I will post answers tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back