Where was this Mopar Brochure/Ad Photo shot?

I am Always so impressed with the ads you are able to find. I am particularly impressed with this one. PM sent with my answers.

Hope you had a good thanksgiving.
appreciate that chief .. but i only post the ones I know/can find. that's like 1 in 10 .. maybe :poke:

You have this one right -- as usual. Nice sleuthin'.

Good holiday to you and yours.

Last edited:
three long-time gamesters have weighed in via PM with correct answers and have graciously let the game run to give any others a chance. I will post answers in tomorrow morning. if they want, they can tell us how they found location.

i recognized the building. its pretty famous.

after getting building, where it is and statue ID is super easy (had to look that statue up tho -- learned it 8th grade physics about 100 years ago and didnt remember).

:)

Last edited:

1965 New Yorker is in Washington DC, in front of US Supreme Court Building, and the statue on the left is "Contemplation of Justice" (there is another on the right but not in the illustration).
1669553618820.png

Not sure now, or even then 60 years ago, they got a car up the LOWER flight of steps to pose for a picture. A drawing ok, but there are photographs with cars parked there. Statue in illustration is kinda vague as well, but its position/pedestal shape relative to columns/upper stairs gave it away to me..

Three folks provided answers by PM, in this order, so the same could run for others interested: @SPF Required, @D Cluley, and @MrMoparCHP. Probably just reflects when they saw it as all of them have gotten every game every time.

map 7A.png
map 3AF.png

Thank you again @amazinblue82 for these posts.

When I first saw #379, I figured it was the Supreme Court building, but also thought ‘would they allow a car that close?’ so then I thought maybe it was the Parthenon in Nashville (pic below). But when you asked for the name of the statue at the steps, I went back to the Supreme Court.

A0C1EE6A-77FD-4C54-BB8B-16B115A594C9.jpeg

I’ll keep my eye out for some of these ads and keep this game going. I really enjoy these.

Unless you've been here, or otherwise recognize it, this one could be challenging.

Where is the this 2011 Buick? One more hint: Major Western European location, between the Mediterranean latitudes,

1 City and Country, plus what building is in the background?
2. Exactly where is the Buick parked? (best guess where car is is fine)?

I confess upfront. I have been here in late 1990's, but this place did NOT look like this back then.

I am 100% sure of things -- except I cannot get the "angles" work out for 2. As such, I suspect photo might be shopped (see #299 for Chrysler 300).

Some of your skills are superior to mine -- so maybe you can get it to all work out. That would be great.

PM if you wanna confirm a guess. Answer on Tuesday if no one posts answer. Again, if you've "won" before, consider letting others try to get it.

map 5E.png

Last edited:
#385 is solved by one player -- thanks for letting it run given it was a holiday weekend especially.

Answer tomorrow evening if it runs that long.

#385 is solved by one player -- thanks for letting it run given it was a holiday weekend especially.

Answer tomorrow evening if it runs that long.
only one recorded guess and it was correct. @SPF Required can weigh in with anything he wasnts to add.

1669769038756.png

This is the America's Cup Building (or the Veles e Vents) in Valencia, Spain. Built 2006, it has won numerous architectural awards.

So, where is the car on the premises?

I could find NO placement -- with the right pavement stones, railings in the background, elevation in relation to the building, or where the second story sloping stairs on the building itself were going down and to the left (orange box on third photo down)-- relative to the car that matched up.

I flew around with Google Earth and maps trying to find the place .. even IF i reversed the image of the building .. where the car could be to get all that stuff to match up.

I conclude the photo is shopped. Actual car, actual building, actual place -- rigged up photographic fiction. Car might be somewhere around there, or nowhere near Valencia anywhere.

Other opinions welcome if there are any.

FLW 8.png
FLW 8c.png
FLW 8B.png
FLW 8A.png

Where is the Chrysler minivan?

Hints and winning guesses.

1. Midwest US city near a Great Lake. Which City?
2. Parked in front of an architecturally famous structure built 1889. Which structure and why is it significant?

This one may challenge the best gamesters. Answer Friday if no one gets it.

map 8AB.png

only one recorded guess and it was correct. @SPF Required can weigh in with anything he wasnts to add.

View attachment 569594

This is the America's Cup Building (or the Veles e Vents) in Valencia, Spain. Built 2006, it has won numerous architectural awards.

So, where is the car on the premises?

I could find NO placement -- with the right pavement stones, railings in the background, elevation in relation to the building, or where the second story sloping stairs on the building itself were going down and to the left (orange box on third photo down)-- relative to the car that matched up.

I flew around with Google Earth and maps trying to find the place .. even IF i reversed the image of the building .. where the car could be to get all that stuff to match up.

I conclude the photo is shopped. Actual car, actual building, actual place -- rigged up photographic fiction. Car might be somewhere around there, or nowhere near Valencia anywhere.

Other opinions welcome if there are any.

View attachment 569598View attachment 569595View attachment 569596View attachment 569597
I wish I had a better answer, but I am
In agreement that is one was probably photoshopped. I came to the same
Conclusion on the stairs….. and also the reflection of the wheels on a surface that is not likely to give a reflection. But as you note, the building is real, even though it looks like something my kids would build in Minecraft. Thanks again for finding another interesting car ad!

#388 is solved already by three members.

we'll see if anyone else interested can figure it out by this Friday morning when I post the answer.

the next two after #388? pretty sure to be tougher (trying to avoid that to see if others wanna join in) since I am having trouble challenging some of you veteran gamesters.:poke:

Last edited:
#388 is solved already by two members.

we'll see if anyone else interested can figure it out by this Friday morning when I post the answer.

the next two after #388? pretty sure to be tougher (trying to avoid that to see if others wanna join in) since I am having trouble challenging some of you veteran gamesters.:poke:
I just realized this wasn’t a car ad this time. Good on you for throwing a curve ball. With two others already solving it, that likely means all the normal cast of characters on this game have probably all chimed in. I sent you a PM with my answers too. Going to not post it in the thread just in case there are some other players out there.

I just realized this wasn’t a car ad this time. Good on you for throwing a curve ball. With two others already solving it, that likely means all the normal cast of characters on this game have probably all chimed in. I sent you a PM with my answers too. Going to not post it in the thread just in case there are some other players out there.
yeah, three of you folks are in now. thanks for letting it run longer. we'll see if it gets any traction with a wider group.

This one was "created" -- by me, yes a curve ball -- while I was looking for stuff for another thread. I found the structure kinda by accident and , by coincidence, a Chrysler minivan was out front.

I tried to leave enough "architecture" with clues to narrow the search area .. building architecture has been the key to these from the beginning. though

you can regale us in a couple days on how easy/hard this one was

:thankyou:

No architecture, have at it.

Popular location for film and TV for a great many years.

If you know it you know it, otherwise it might be hard.

1669773967954.png

Alan

View attachment 569716

Alan

I know TWO places like this, but only ONE place that matches your verbal clues.

I dont have any way -- other than "geology" -- to guess anything but a general location. Dunno exactly where the car is IN that location though if I am correct.

Will PM you later after I noodle on it. thanks man.

I'll got ahead and put an early wrap up on #388. Three responses all correct - they may add anything about how they found it if they want of course

This is Frank Lloyd Wright's personal home and studio, 951 Chicago Ave, Oak Park (Chicago) IL. Built 1889.

Lotta FLW stuff on this site as many of us know/appreciate his stuff. Again, this wasn't an "ad" from an OEM. I made it from Google Maps.

I am a FLW fan, been on the tour of many of his homes/buildings around the country including Oak Park. I recognized the house instantly. But, I thought it would be a little harder to solve. Maybe it was for some -- but not for the "usual suspects".

#393 is up now .. like game-runner @MrMoparCHP said: No architecture but still a "famous" place. Its a fun one.

1669904743790.png
1669905025316.png

00S0S_eMlBhTigVy8z_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Source: Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio | Frank Lloyd Wright Trust

View attachment 569716

Alan
There were a few @3175375 , @amazinblue82 & @D Cluley that stepped up on this one

Vasquez Rocks Natural Area and Nature Center
10700 Escondido Canyon Rd, Agua Dulce, CA 91390

The famous formation is right by the parking area.
Vasquez3.jpg

Vasquez1.jpg

Vasquez2.jpg

Shows that I know, Bonanza, Star Trek, The Flintstones (1994), just a few.

I have family that had us driving by this area a lot, been to the park a bunch of times.

Alan

I call it "Star Trek Rock" ... TOS (Kirk and Spock. mid 1960's) well into the theatrical movies and later TV shows.

Trekkie and proud. its where Kirk gave the Gorn the what fer.

I recognized the geology. Not that many places where sedimentary rocks (laid down flat, thrust up by earthquakes millions years later) have "uplift" AND where they shoot movies/TV shows/'68 C ads.

Initially I just couldn't think of the exact name of the place -- only knew north of LA - so I had to find official name via Google.

Neat game boss.

1669930929536.png

Last edited:
Where is the 1960 DeSoto parked?

1. Building is within city limits of a large Midwest US city near the Great Lakes. What city?
2. Building has historical designation, just a bit older than the DeSoto, and is still standing. What building & exactly where is it in this city?
3. This building is "connected" to one gone for 21 years now. What is this "connection"?

PM if you want to check a guess. Answer Sunday morning.
FLW 11a.png

Three
correct solutions in hand.

Thought this one would be harder - apparently not for "experts".

:)

Last edited:
Back