Where's the Parts!

CarBrokeGuy

Reaction score
Good morning, I am new to C bodies and this site. (first post) I am in the middle, (well still in sheet metal hell) of a B body restoration and I was out looking for parts when I came across a 1969 Sport Fury Convertible, Good frame rails, strait sheet metal, original top but the zipper ????? for the back window is broken. No engine or tranny but I have a complete 383 and 727 that will slide right in. My questions are.
I went to AMD and was disappointed to see that there is very little in the way of anything for C bodies. Where is the best place to get sheet metal? In my mind I would think that a lot of parts would be interchangeable between B and C bodies. (I'm going to need floor and trunk patch panels) Am I wrong? I'll be going to Carlisle this year in a Subaru but next year I hope to drive the Fury.

Good morning, I am new to C bodies and this site. (first post) I am in the middle, (well still in sheet metal hell) of a B body restoration and I was out looking for parts when I came across a 1969 Sport Fury Convertible, Good frame rails, strait sheet metal, original top but the zipper ????? for the back window is broken. No engine or tranny but I have a complete 383 and 727 that will slide right in. My questions are.
I went to AMD and was disappointed to see that there is very little in the way of anything for C bodies. Where is the best place to get sheet metal? In my mind I would think that a lot of parts would be interchangeable between B and C bodies. (I'm going to need floor and trunk patch panels) Am I wrong? I'll be going to Carlisle this year in a Subaru but next year I hope to drive the Fury.

The only sheet metal that is worth buying are the trunk floor pieces and the floor pieces. The aftermarket half quarter panels are not formed correctly and the gauge of the steel is to thin. It takes a very good body man to make those work. Depending on what you are looking for, you may need to buy good used sheet metal or a parts car.

Hey! Welcome to the C-Body asylum. If you are interested, I have a complete C-Body floor pan (with solid rockers, but no trunk floor panel). If you are going to Carlisle, you can stop on the way back home and pick it up. The pan is located in Frederick, MD, which is not far out of the way. You'll need a pickup truck or a trailer.

Welcome! The only sheet metal worth having will most likely be in some salvage yards (or somebody's "stash", as mentioned above). Then you'll probably need a larger wading pool to do the electrolysis de-rusting method of getting them cleaned up.

Many people automatically suspect that as lots of stuff is available for B and E bodies, that C-bodies are the same way, which is not accurate at all. There's a reason that AMD did B-bodies first . . . $$$$ from the general popularity of the cars and their "muscle car" connection.

Good luck with your project, Please keep us posted.
CBODY67

Thank you everyone who responded. I spent the day getting the interior out The left side of the floor pan is worse than the right but still not too bad. Just a few holes. After I dress the metal down I will know better what is required. The trunk pan I can repair I'll fabricate a patch and I should be good. The quarters have the usual problems rusted above and behind the wheel arch. I found a company that roll forms quarters. I thinking about ordering a set and cutting them down to what I need to replace the rust. If they are anywhere near the correct shape I should be able to hammer and dolly them to fit. And the top works but not the horn. :icon_fU:

Hey! Welcome to the C-Body asylum. If you are interested, I have a complete C-Body floor pan (with solid rockers, but no trunk floor panel). If you are going to Carlisle, you can stop on the way back home and pick it up. The pan is located in Frederick, MD, which is not far out of the way. You'll need a pickup truck or a trailer.
Thanks but my floor pans are not bad enough to need that amount of work, but it may be cheaper to buy yours and cut it up to repair my floor, so how much do you want for your floor pan? We are familiar with Frederick. Steinhardt Brewery is one of our favorites.

Last edited:
Thanks but my floor pans are not bad enough to need that amount of work, but it may be cheaper to buy yours and cut it up to repair my floor, so how much do you want for your floor pan? We are familiar with Frederick. Steinhardt Brewery is one of our favorites.
Just make me a fair offer of what the floor pan is worth to you.

Uh. . . @MOVE N UP: what's with the drive-by no comment 'Disagree'?

Back