Who's going to the Nats 2018?

Well, Lisa and I attended on Sunday and it was a nice day, so I was thankful for that, but I guess there was a lot of rain Friday and Saturday so by Sunday a lot of vendors and cars had already pulled out. I wasn't really looking for anything in particular but it was disappointing to see so many holes in the swap area and so few cars to look at and enjoy. I guess I learned my lesson. This was my 8th time at the Nats since first attending back in 1991 but it was the first time I ever attended on a Sunday. The last time, too, as from now on if our schedule doesn't permit going on Friday or Saturday I will just wait until the next year. I did pick up a great tip to share, though, and that is a few miles to the NE of National Trail is the little town of Granville. Right in the center of town on Broadway is a restaurant named "The Pub". It was recommended to us by one of Lisa's friends who has lived there for many years. We tried it and it was excellent, so I am passing it on. We both had hamburgers and loved them, but there were a number of things on the menu that we also wanted to try. Sounds like a good excuse to go back so I look forward to being able to eat there again next year.

Sorry you missed out on the show essentially. It honestly has been going down, no Dodge/Chrysler corparate presence for the second year. It drizzled all day Saturday so no racing, may have started late.

The rain late on Friday made the muddy mess. The car corral was impassable on Saturday, never found where they end up. It was worth it however, to see friends. I would guess it was a ghost town on Sunday. Glad you found "The Pub" great place.

I’ve participated in the swap meet for the last 8 or nine years(except last year) and you can generally shoot a cannon down every isle on Sunday without hurting but a few. Thursday through Saturday are the best days for the swap, most of the private vendors have to get home on Sunday to go to work on Monday.

Back