Who's going to the Nats 2018?

Matt. You gonna be in or around Clovers in A2 or any where near the PG in Chelsea before the Nat'z? I've got a good Car-Bud livez just north of Chelsea town retired out of the PG that I know haz ah couple good FORGED 440 crankz that he might part with at a fair price. He got 'um from me ah few months before we vacated Mi. in '14 soooo? If you can get out that way I can probably hook you two up and Dave will be the winner. LMK, Jer

First year the Nats moved to Indy (actually IRP @ Brownsburg, west of town), the hotel complex we were in had a short, 1 block divided street. An older lady in her Mopar happened to get in the "burn-out line" near that median, where others were doing the same thing. A county officer came up and approached her car, started to write her a ticket, and all ____ DID break loose. The younger officer called for backup. And as this was in the county, it was not "Indy" as such. They ended up blocking entry to the whole complex. "Riot" might have been an operative term? Cars got towed, including many fine E-bodies from NJ. It was a mess! One of the local shuttle bus drivers didn't like us being there, it was said.

Being on the second floor of an adjacent hotel, we could watch from the stairwell windows. Lots of angst, apparently on both sides of things.

The next year, the younger management at the hotel we were in, for both years, tended to "come to our rescue". As the hotel parking lots were "theirs", they allowed burnouts and spectators on their back parking lot. As long as it was "controlled" and no damage was done to residents' vehicles. One of our guys was in a rented Neon sedan. With the parking brake firmly on, the front wheels went up in smoke and dragged the rear wheels forward . . . the crowd cheered at that "four wheel burnout". Next morning, a good bit of evidence what had gone on that night. When we got there next year, there had been new asphalt laid down. That 's where we stayed for every year the Nats were in Indy. That was the only year of that parking lot action, but for those that were there later, we were glad they let it happen! Good PR, to say the least.

CBODY67

First year the Nats moved to Indy (actually IRP @ Brownsburg, west of town), the hotel complex we were in had a short, 1 block divided street. An older lady in her Mopar happened to get in the "burn-out line" near that median, where others were doing the same thing. A county officer came up and approached her car, started to write her a ticket, and all ____ DID break loose. The younger officer called for backup. And as this was in the county, it was not "Indy" as such. They ended up blocking entry to the whole complex. "Riot" might have been an operative term? Cars got towed, including many fine E-bodies from NJ. It was a mess! One of the local shuttle bus drivers didn't like us being there, it was said.

Being on the second floor of an adjacent hotel, we could watch from the stairwell windows. Lots of angst, apparently on both sides of things.

The next year, the younger management at the hotel we were in, for both years, tended to "come to our rescue". As the hotel parking lots were "theirs", they allowed burnouts and spectators on their back parking lot. As long as it was "controlled" and no damage was done to residents' vehicles. One of our guys was in a rented Neon sedan. With the parking brake firmly on, the front wheels went up in smoke and dragged the rear wheels forward . . . the crowd cheered at that "four wheel burnout". Next morning, a good bit of evidence what had gone on that night. When we got there next year, there had been new asphalt laid down. That 's where we stayed for every year the Nats were in Indy. That was the only year of that parking lot action, but for those that were there later, we were glad they let it happen! Good PR, to say the least.

CBODY67

Matt. You gonna be in or around Clovers in A2 or any where near the PG in Chelsea before the Nat'z? I've got a good Car-Bud livez just north of Chelsea town retired out of the PG that I know haz ah couple good FORGED 440 crankz that he might part with at a fair price. He got 'um from me ah few months before we vacated Mi. in '14 soooo? If you can get out that way I can probably hook you two up and Dave will be the winner. LMK, Jer
It’s quite possible. @Clover

I commuted down from SE Michigan in I think '90 or '91. Az I waz climbing the cat walk from the infield I looked back and spotted Bob Lutzs personal Viper Pre-production Coupe in the Chrysler Display and HAD to go back check it out. After drooling all over the Green Metsalic on that Beauty I cornered one of the Chrysler guyz working the display for any and all information on the car. He waz kinda helpfut but? And had no clue on the color or who designated it. The following weekend I called a 300 Car-Bud that waz pretty high up at the World Headquarters back then and ask him if he knew or could maybe chase it down for me. He said gimme ah couple weeks and I'll call you back. My Bud called me back 6 WEEKS LATER and said Jer, their were 2 PPG reps and Bob Lutz sitting at ah lunch table at World Headquarters and worked out the color on a lunch napkin, had the Viper shot and round filed the napkin. Bob couldn't even tell me the color sorry. Fast forward to '93 and almost the identical color waz the color of choice on the '93 Viper. That waz my starting point for the Batwagon shoot. Funny story but true, Jer

I commuted down from SE Michigan in I think '90 or '91. Az I waz climbing the cat walk from the infield I looked back and spotted Bob Lutzs personal Viper Pre-production Coupe in the Chrysler Display and HAD to go back check it out. After drooling all over the Green Metsalic on that Beauty I cornered one of the Chrysler guyz working the display for any and all information on the car. He waz kinda helpfut but? And had no clue on the color or who designated it. The following weekend I called a 300 Car-Bud that waz pretty high up at the World Headquarters back then and ask him if he knew or could maybe chase it down for me. He said gimme ah couple weeks and I'll call you back. My Bud called me back 6 WEEKS LATER and said Jer, their were 2 PPG reps and Bob Lutz sitting at ah lunch table at World Headquarters and worked out the color on a lunch napkin, had the Viper shot and round filed the napkin. Bob couldn't even tell me the color sorry. Fast forward to '93 and almost the identical color waz the color of choice on the '93 Viper. That waz my starting point for the Batwagon shoot. Funny story but true, Jer
Saw a fresh-out green ‘93 at the Chrysler display at St. Ignace ‘92. It was gorgeous! My wife and I drooled and dreamed over it for a good 15 minutes. Only one that I’ve ever seen.

It’s quite possible. @Clover
Gimme ah few dayz to get in touch with my friend and see where he iz on getting up off one of those forged cranks. I know he'z at the Funeral today of another Friend from the PG that past away this past Wednesday and these two lived about 4 doors apart on M-52 'bout ah mile north of Chelsea after working together for 30 plus yearz. P.M. me your Phone # Pal. We've moved 3 timez since we've been down here 'cuz I've had to buy new skivys and socks and those weren't the only thingz lost, whimper. Stand by Pal, Jer

Hi Jer! Roadster.
And Hi back atcha Pal. Yeah I figured that it waz ah Roadster Bob. I never saw or heard of that Green Coupe Lutz played with after the show at Indy that year. 'Cept I heard from friendz at W.H. that he went back and forth to work with it for a while, but that'z it. I saw my 1st and only Green Roadster at Carlisle in '99 the year I sold my Hurst. the two 300 clubs got together KINDA that year. Stayed at the same Motel in Camp Hill and each club had their own canopy in the middle of the 2 north and south roadz where the A-bodys are crowded in now, All we Dual Club members wore out the grass makin' trip between the two canopys, Way funny. Miss you guyz, Jer

Fire the bong early Friday in the west grandstand starts it off

Excellent.

rasta.gif

What is the cost of entry for the showfield (non judged) and two people for the weekend ? Do they give discounts for registering early ,Like Carlisle does ?

I was at the last Nats in Michigan and the first Nats in Ohio. It was pretty wild in Ohio.

What is the cost of entry for the showfield (non judged) and two people for the weekend ? Do they give discounts for registering early ,Like Carlisle does ?
I think you had to do it by the 30th of June. I think it is $100 at the gate.

We will be located in our usual area under the large "Big Top" tent in the swap meet area. This is usually the first row as you enter from the staging lanes for the drag strip. As usual, we will have a large assortment of restoration and reproduction parts. Let us know for any special request for specific color items like package trays. We will be delivering ACC Carpet to the show, so if your needing carpet, let us know so that it can be brought as space is limited.

Additionally, we will have a wide assortment of Precision and Steele windshield and rear window gaskets, Metro, Steele and Soft Seal door and roofrail seals and the Top Catwhiskers for all of the different year models and body styles. If you should need anything from AMD or AMK, we would need to know by July 30th, so as to have it ready for delivery.

Even if you do not need anything, stop by and say hello. There is always an area sat aside with chairs and free water so that you can refresh yourself as your out enjoying the show. Everyone have a safe trip!!

Back