Why do people have to drive like idiots on Friday?

traintech55

Reaction score
Well everyone I am back home after spending 5 hours in the hospital yesterday due to an idiot driving a Chevy 3500 truck. We were driving on I 294 when we had a traffic slow down. The idiot in the Chevy hit the Jeep Liberty behind me and he was knocked into me. As the pictures show the driver of the Liberty did a good job considering almost getting impaled by the load from the truck. I also have to say my Caravan, and the Liberty held up well in the crash. On the brighter side I am OK, just very sore, this will put a dent into working on the 300 come spring.

Accident 3-3-17 (1).jpg

Accident 3-3-17 (2).jpg

Accident 3-3-17 (3).jpg

Wow! That looks scary as Hell! Bet there was a cell phone involved
Trust me IT WAS SCARY AS HELL. You should have seen how much of his load landed on the roadway. (I hurt to bad to get more pictures).

Wow!:wideyed::wtf:
That's messed up! Glad no one was seriously injured.

Sorry to hear this. When I was working, I hated driving on Friday afternoons! People are in a hurry and driving like maniacs.

The Jeep pics are unbelievable.

Glad to hear your doing ok, your van doesn't look too bad at least compared to the Jeep.

I had one hip replaced ten years ago. It got strained pretty bad and I could not walk on it. That is why I had them take me in. Really hurts today.
Really sorry to hear and hope that a few Motrin will ease the pain.

I recently moved to a new state, and I've noticed that the Chevy folks are the worst. So where's the pic of the Chevy?

Lucky no one was killed. Glad you are ok. The driver of the Liberty should play Lotto as soon as possible.

It a damn shame what people haul and don't tie down right on a pick up or small trailer, then I have to put up with a 20something DOT officer telling me I have loose objects in my trailer (see avatar) and if if flips over those are going to create a problem. I waited biting my tongue until o got my inspection form in my hand until i told him if the trailer flips a couple of chains and binders laying on the road are the least of the problems.
Glad your "okay" G.W.S

You might want to go the hospital and have your self checked for injuries. Then I would have a lawyer standing by .,

I recently moved to a new state, and I've noticed that the Chevy folks are the worst. So where's the pic of the Chevy?
I didn't get a chance to take any. I had to take the rear picture of the Liberty at the towing company when I picked my car up last night. I just couldn't walk anymore after the two pictures I took.

Glad to hear you survived relatively intact. Hope they take the A holes licence.
The trooper told me at the hospital the driver was issued a number of citations, but he would not give me the court date. I will get a copy of the police report in a week and the court date and citation numbers should be in that. I do intend to go to court against him even though the county court house is 35 miles from my house.

You might want to go the hospital and have your self checked for injuries. Then I would have a lawyer standing by .,
The hospital took many x rays yesterday, I will see my doctor Monday morning. Do you guys in Illinois know any good lawyers?

Back