Will this work for a fuel line?

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I discovered this weekend that the steel fuel line that feeds through the frame got a pinhole leak. I can’t buy that style of fuel line any more. I bend a new line to the shape of the old, is there any reason why this won’t work with a rubber gas line clamped over the steel line, with the traditional style double flair? flair compare.sm.jpg

flair compare.sm.jpg

In my opinion, there's no reason why it shouldn't work. 45 Flare. Bubble flare. Both work for me when connecting to rubber tubing.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

In my opinion, there's no reason why it shouldn't work. 45 Flare. Bubble flare. Both work for me when connecting to rubber tubing.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

Thanks, Stan. I brought it home with me to work on it while I watched football. I figured it should, but I always like to get a second opinion.

My neighbor just used that same semi flexible hard line to do a fuel line from his fuel pump, up to his carb. Will work fine.

I use brake line to make a lot of my fuel lines....get the stuff with the metal spring over it so you can bend it by hand without it kinking.

Back