Wollfen tried to electrocute me

A few weeks ago I went to pull wires off an engine one at a time to see if a noise would stop or be quieter. Too difficult to pull off at the plugs on the bank against the firewall so I decided to pull off at the coil. The Sable has a coil with six terminals and so I pulled off #1 and the electrical arc spanned six inches from the coil to the end of the plug just removed. I went to look at that right about the time when the arc decided to leave the terminal and transit over to my hand. Fortunately I had rubber gloves on when I got nailed and didn't feel anything before dropping the terminal. So back to taking each terminal off at the spark plug.

View attachment 152846 Yep, about a month ago when I was down at his place picking up my 300. We walked into his shop to look at a car he was working on that had a MSD ignition on it. Wollfen said aye mate grab hold of that wire for a bit. I said no problem bud as he walked around to get in the car. So I'm holding the wire & looking where it go's and about the time I see the other end is attached to the MSD coil that has a sticker on it that says 40000 VOLTS he turns the key & I start dancing. Yelling , smoke comming from my ears, lighting bolts comming out of my hands & flying all over his shop. Wollfen gets out of the car & says thanks mate. I guess the coil is good after all. The charge burned a small hole in my finger where it entered me. I felt it up in my chest & my heart rate was clearly higher & I was winded. My finger still has the hole in it & is still sore to the touch.
You lived... quit your bitchin'. :poke:

In the days before anybody knew what insulated pliers were, you made sure you had a thick rubber fender cover on the car if you were going to do a "cylinder balance test" by removing spark plug wires from the plugs with the engine running. If not, you made sure to keep a few inches distance between your body and the fender!

CBODY67

Back