Wollfen's 1971 Sport Fury GT !

I will make another vid of it once i have it outside and maybe the noise of the engine wont reverberate like it does in the workshop. The next vid will have a walkaround too.

It's alive! Please forgive the quality, its my first attempt at video making. It sounds loud and noisy but in reality it runs smooth and burbles nicely. I am quite pleased too, all I did was adjust the timing and idle speed after getting it started. :thumbsup:

Mighty fine !

Have you tried to move it yet? Congrats on getting it running.
I put the car in drive and reverse, nothing. Nada, no movement no sounds noting. Ugh, my first thought was, please let it be a gummed up valve body, of course usually this is a sign the oil pump needs replacing because the lugs have sheared off. So this morning I went down and decided to drop a trans line and see what came out, it was bone dry, not even a drip of oil. Hmm, then I got excited, maybe the line itself is blocked? So I pulled it off and checked, sure enough, a wasp had build a nest in one end down the tube a bit, so I blew that out after pushing a piece of wire in and out, got it all clean and also checked the other one as well. Both clear, fitted them back up again and with joy in my heart I started the car again and put it in gear, nothing, nada, not even a sound, sighs. I really didn't want to have to put the box out. First thing I will do is drop the valve body and pull that apart, fingers crossed I find something but I'm not holding my breath on that. I'm pretty sure it will be the pump.

It's alive! Please forgive the quality, its my first attempt at video making. It sounds loud and noisy but in reality it runs smooth and burbles nicely. I am quite pleased too, all I did was adjust the timing and idle speed after getting it started. :thumbsup:

but you've got to get rid of the "aluminum" heat tube and get a black paper coated aluminum flex tube, like factory, Rock Auto, $8 Bucks! Just sayin! While I'm at it make sure your PCV gromit is painted engine color too!

Last edited:
but you've got to get rid of the "aluminum" heat tube and get a black paper coated aluminum flex tube, like factory, Rock Auto, $8 Bucks! Just sayin! While I'm at it make sure your PCV gromit is painted engine color too!
LOl, Im busy, I'll get to it. :poke:

LOl, Im busy, I'll get to it. :poke:

Yes you are! I really look forward to seeing your "dirty girl" at Carlisle. At least your TF shouldn't be too bad parts wise... and I bet you have a spare lying around too.

I put the car in drive and reverse, nothing. Nada, no movement no sounds noting. Ugh, my first thought was, please let it be a gummed up valve body, of course usually this is a sign the oil pump needs replacing because the lugs have sheared off. So this morning I went down and decided to drop a trans line and see what came out, it was bone dry, not even a drip of oil. Hmm, then I got excited, maybe the line itself is blocked? So I pulled it off and checked, sure enough, a wasp had build a nest in one end down the tube a bit, so I blew that out after pushing a piece of wire in and out, got it all clean and also checked the other one as well. Both clear, fitted them back up again and with joy in my heart I started the car again and put it in gear, nothing, nada, not even a sound, sighs. I really didn't want to have to put the box out. First thing I will do is drop the valve body and pull that apart, fingers crossed I find something but I'm not holding my breath on that. I'm pretty sure it will be the pump.

Aaarrgh. . .

This stinks... I hope it is something simple and easy to fix.

I'm just going to toss this out there because I've seen similar issues.

When you put the torque convertor in, did it "seat" down in the pump? The convertor will still bolt up, but not drive the pump.

I'm just going to toss this out there because I've seen similar issues.

When you put the torque convertor in, did it "seat" down in the pump? The convertor will still bolt up, but not drive the pump.

I hadn't dealt with that in over 20 years...good point Big John

Back