Wollfen's 1971 Sport Fury GT !

Let me throw this one out there.
Top: Trim ring chromed and
Bottom: Trim ring polished?
I dunno, just guessing.
I find the parts book way too confusing to decipher.

It's the exact same picture but it looks like a little touching up was done on the trim ring.

Where's the difference between these two? View attachment 65774

An educated guess would be that the top wheel is the W21 Class I 3461061 with the silver painted 16 slot area and the bottom wheel is the W23 Class II 2944394 with the chrome plated 16 slot area. The W21 Class I wheel cost less and was available on the Plymouth C's only.

Painted 16 slot

1970-Plymouth-Sport-Fury-GT-Hardtop-Fender-_amp_-Road-Wheel-Burnished-Red-Poly-_2005-WW_WD-DCTC_-DSCN7159.jpg

70 brochure
PicsArt_12-12-11.30.37.jpg

71 brochure
71ply12b.jpg

PicsArt_12-12-11.30.37.jpg

Smoothies would be great to have on the right car if only because of their rarity. My preference is for the regular road wheels with the chromed slots. They'd be correct and a lot easier to come by. My .02.

Smoothies would be great to have on the right car if only because of their rarity. My preference is for the regular road wheels with the chromed slots. They'd be correct and a lot easier to come by. My .02.
Yes i do like the more common road wheel but since my car had the "rare one year only" rims on it I will keep watching out for a set of them while using the more common ones in the meantime.

Yes i do like the more common road wheel but since my car had the "rare one year only" rims on it I will keep watching out for a set of them while using the more common ones in the meantime.
How did you determine that your car came originally with Rallye Road Wheels.
I see on the Build Sheet the code 1 under wheels but what is "1"?

Don't see a difference but in reading parts page above looks like you could get 6.5 in roadwheels on the station wagons....

I don't think so. Wagons had only painted 6.5 inch wide steel wheels. Chrysler never released chrome road wheels for the wagons due to durability considerations as I understand.

Also, for you guys restoring your 71 GTs, I am pretty sure I have a set of 4 center caps for that unique wheel/trim ring/center cap set up. If you are interested, send me a PM and I will take a good look to see what I come up with. I sold my 71 SFGT to one of my best friends in Finland a couple years ago (photo below), and that car had the special wheel setup too. But I had a spare set of center caps which I kept in case I came upon a 1971 triple black SFGT some day. But since the one that recently sold was out of my league at the time, I should let these caps go to one of you guys that could use them.

Kent's Dad's SFGT.jpg

Kent's Dad's SFGT.jpg

Also, for you guys restoring your 71 GTs, I am pretty sure I have a set of 4 center caps for that unique wheel/trim ring/center cap set up. If you are interested, send me a PM and I will take a good look to see what I come up with. I sold my 71 SFGT to one of my best friends in Finland a couple years ago (photo below), and that car had the special wheel setup too. But I had a spare set of center caps which I kept in case I came upon a 1971 triple black SFGT some day. But since the one that recently sold was out of my league at the time, I should let these caps go to one of you guys that could use them.

View attachment 65824
Pmed!
I have seen this pic on the net before and I actually saved a copy, i had no idea this was your car. It certainly is very nice in that blue. The white really sets it off.

Okay, some RWL tires for perusal and consideration, they all seem to be very similar though and the Cooper GT'ss really aren't that different in my opinion.
$_20.JPG1440.jpg1970-Plymouth-Sport-Fury-GT-Hardtop-Fender-_amp_-Road-Wheel-Burnished-Red-Poly-_2005-WW_WD-DCTC_.jpg221153.jpg38502995-090-S10-Alloy-Wheels-Lugs-Tires-P23570.jpggoodrich.jpgmastercraft-avenger-gt-sidewall-main.jpg

$_20.JPG

1440.jpg

1970-Plymouth-Sport-Fury-GT-Hardtop-Fender-_amp_-Road-Wheel-Burnished-Red-Poly-_2005-WW_WD-DCTC_.jpg

221153.jpg

38502995-090-S10-Alloy-Wheels-Lugs-Tires-P23570.jpg

goodrich.jpg

mastercraft-avenger-gt-sidewall-main.jpg

This is good exampled, posted by Wollfen, of a 70 Fury Rally wheel. Exactly what my Fury was delivered with. AFAIK 1970 was the only year that used the center cap insert shaped like a gear.

70 Fury Wheel.jpg

70 Fury Wheel.jpg

View attachment 65824

wait... you sold this one but the black one was out of your league? Im very confused..... this one appears to be as bice if not nicer than the black car. In fact I would rather have this car than the black one....

hadn't realized this was your car ....seems theres more to ya than we know ...you've already bin der done dat...looks like we have some catchin up to do :O)

wait... you sold this one but the black one was out of your league? Im very confused..... this one appears to be as bice if not nicer than the black car. In fact I would rather have this car than the black one....

I went back and checked my records, and I sold this car more than 4 years ago! I have sold so many cars in the last few years that I am losing track of time and all the various cars. I sold the car for nearly $13K, but it wasn't quite as nice as it looks today in this photo. This photo is of the car is as it now looks in Finland, and the current owner just gave it a fresh paint job and put new stripes on it. Otherwise he repaired some seams in the driver seat and that is about all he did. Carsten would have left it the way it was when I had it though, as it was really an excellent driver, nice and straight with only a couple spots of minor rust and original paint. It had some 60K miles on it and ran great. But I preferred my 1970 B7 blue SFGT that I still plan to restore, and elected to let this 71 go to help pay off my new garage expenses. So this car today, given the black one sold for some $29K, is probably worth at least that. While I would have liked that recent black SFGT, it was more than I was willing to pay even though it was probably worth it. I just have to be more reasonable too as to how many cars I can keep and/or restore.

View attachment 65824

Gosh, I received 4 PMs regarding the center caps, all within a couple minutes of each other! You 71 SFGT guys are really on this! I did find the caps late this afternoon, and I will take some photos of them and post them in this link later tomorrow. I have no idea how to price them, so I will just let you guys make me an offer once you have seen them.

Back