Wollfen's 1971 Sport Fury GT !

Gary,
Keep the pictures coming. We're here watching till it's complete.
Okay here goes, the front valance looks pretty good doesn't it? Not to mention the mint signal indicators. Makes the dirty bumper look bad. We shall see how it all looks after a good detailing.

front valance1.jpg

Small update, radiator topped off with coolant, the battery tray fitted. Not much else done to the GT. On another note, found a snake in my garage. I don't know what type it is. Plus the blue sedan is going back together now too. It has new front brake cylinders and pads and new hoses too.

snake.jpg
71 sedan1.jpg

That snake looks pretty good sized and like most snakes not very friendly at all.

P.S. I've also always liked that grill on the blue car

Maybe you should make a sequel "Snakes in a Fury" not to be confused with "Shakes in a Hurry" my favorite East Indian Ice Cream joint....

Lol, the snake is back in the woods. I seem to get snake visitors every year when the weather gets warm. Luckily none take residence in my cars!

In Aus it was easy, of the top 25 deadliest snakes in the world, 23 are Australian, you don't take any chances, there is maybe two non venomous snakes , Carpet snake and green snake. That's about it. In NC here it's a different story, only 5 snakes are venomous and the rest are non venomous. So far I have learned about cottonmouths and pygmy rattlesnakes.

I don't mind snakes as long as they keep outside, my wife hates them and is terrified of them if one's around in her mind it has to die.

We're supposed to have timber rattlers on the back part of the property. I haven't seen one in the almost 3 years we've been here. The neighbor behind us says that she has seen them. scares the daylights out of my wife.

Small update, radiator topped off with coolant, the battery tray fitted. Not much else done to the GT. On another note, found a snake in my garage. I don't know what type it is. Plus the blue sedan is going back together now too. It has new front brake cylinders and pads and new hoses too.

View attachment 80755 View attachment 80756

the blue sedan is very nice. Will you leave the paint job as is?

Last edited:
the blue sedan is very nice. Will you leave the paint job as is?
Not sure it to leave the patina or go with a fresh paint job, it does have a couple of patches of rust to deal with but nothing major, the front and rear window channels are mint and the trunk floor etc is solid.

Another small update as I tinker, the battery tray was put in and I fitted the new battery, its a 1000CA Marine battery, 800CCA rating so it will do the job nicely and because these things are designed to go without use for months at a time it will last longer than a car battery. I also bought a new battery holder for it, $17.00 delivered, I like that price. Factory looking too. I jumped in the car and checked the electrics, the lights and headlight covers work! Plus the electric windows work except for the divers rear one, will have to check it out. And even though the radio doesn't have an antenna fitted i got good ol rock and roll coming through the factory rear speakers! Yes I'm pretty chuffed. The first two wheels have been painted and polished up too, came out pretty nice, suits the originality of the car which is what I was aiming for.

engine assy8.jpg
wheel.jpg

Stan! I got your package and the item is fitted! Plug wires all routed! Thanks for that, another item crossed off my list. As for work on the car, here are a couple more update pics. The car appears to be going backwards at the moment, the rear seat is out and I have pulled the interior quarter trim panels, I have removed the door seals in the roof as well as the chrome and the chrome trim for the vinyl roof. The back window is now out too and I should have the surprisingly small amount of rust work done tomorrow? Fingers crossed. This car keeps surprising me when it comes to being better than I anticipate condition wise.
The window motor in the drivers rear makes a nose so I know it isn't dead, another score, just have to pull it out and go over it I'm sure. The winder mechanism is good.

interior work.jpg
roof strips.jpg

Give that Baby a bath and put those Road wheels on. She should look Beautiful and shows her Age.

Back