Wow - How we have grown!!!

The movie got some people to ponder issues much deeper than that. Hence it's a cult classic today....forget about the mopar stuff. It's a masterpiece.

Its not a masterpiece, its a Mopar cult classic ...... not a hallucinogenic fantasy movie. The first time I saw it in the mid 80's it was good, the 2nd time it was o.k. now its not good.

Now, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, thats a great movie

Your totally missing the point if you keep thinking its about drugs. Those were props representing the times.

Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry was good, but I can never watch the end.. Something I want to forget...not remember.

wait........you like Vanishing point but not DMCL both share a similar ending. DMCL has a bunch of C body police cars..

So your view was Vanishing point wasnt about drugs, they were only props. He needed to be on drugs from start to finish to make his time. Running, it was about drugs and thinking he could survive squeezing between two bulldozer blades 12 inches apart was about drugs............

I think you read into it too much

Do not let the immediacy of what your eyes show you to cloud your comprhension of the actual statement.

You are right there are comparisons to be made between VPoint and DLCM, but I think VPOint came across better, for some.

I think we both agree that it's a cool movie, if but for different reasons. Cool is cool in my book. I had a black Imperial exactly like the one in the beginning of the movie and I used drive it everywhere partially because of that.

I like both movies but enjoy watching Vanishing point more, the raw way it was filmed and the way that 440 sounds as the Pistol grip mashes threw the gears, it's like listening to one of Mozzarts sonatas if your into classical music

Just for the record then, I liked C-bodies before C-bodies were cool! :grin:

when did they start being "cool"....? For the record.

A long, long time ago............................................................................. in a galaxy far, far away......................................

Figures, Some poor sap in a Ford saw how much cooler the full size Mopars were after his money was already spent.

I like VP more than dlcm.
Kowalski didn't see a solution (an exit) anymore and decided to go. It was his decision. I hope I can make the decision, too when I won't see sense anymore (ie bad health)

Shattered an illusion for Gary
no-santa3.jpg

Back