WANTED WTB this 66 300 , is it worth the price ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice, is that a stock paint code? looks extra metallic.

I was probably searchin google , not sure why yours didn't come up...
Stock Turquoise metallic with additional metallic added.
The car was for sale over a year ago. If you still want it, it's in Australia.

I've seen this car trying to sell in the past. The motors not the correct color but does sound nice, I wonder what cams in there? Almost sounds like a whiplash cam? I don't care for the 2 tone, and there's no doubt that bodyworks been done to it with shaved letters and the emblem in the back too. The 1 underside is good to go, that's normal. The one with the arrow, I can't figure out what your lookin at, hard to tell. It's your $$, so it's your call. Me? I'd keep lookin. Good Luck

thanks for your input. much appreciated

Stock Turquoise metallic with additional metallic added.
The car was for sale over a year ago. If you still want it, it's in Australia.

....ehhhh , this is always the problem, I find a car looks nice looks great then I find out its in frickn Australia. Not sure how I would get it to California. TBH. thanks for the share though

Got the dealer to consider a 19k offer on this 66 300. The car is across country and so far all I can do is ask him questions, inspect the car from a video and from the pictures posted. Im also planning on giving him a call one last time before flying out there to look at the car.

But so far I'm noticing these things. The car is painted and theres a big black stripe down through middle , which could mean rust repair .

The car is a 440 big block from California , 66, looks like the interior was completelyy redone, trim is all original, new paint and possible engine rebuild

Im just looking for opinions and wondering if this car is worth taking a look at , not so much if I "should buy it".

But so far these are the things Ive noticed from pics.

Orange peel maybe bondo-ed
View attachment 202440

scratched chrome trim
View attachment 202441

and possibly rusted through frame ...not sure if those are suppose to be there

View attachment 202442

View attachment 202443

View attachment 202436

View attachment 202437

View attachment 202438

View attachment 202439

heres a video of the motor runnin

No, not 19k

Did you check out @Cbody Bob's car? You may be able to get it at a good price. I have personally decided he has too many cars. :poke:

Cbody Bob's 1966 Chrysler 300 coupe

Repairs done, it drives good and sounds great. Still needs a coat of paint and front seats recovered, but the rest is good.

2dr or 4dr - or doesn't it really matter...

Here's one.
For Sale - 1966 Chrysler Newport 2Dr

2dr and i forgot to add hardtop.

I can definitely be a long search when you want something very specific. May Rip will sell you his parts car when he's done with the convertible. What do you say Rip...:poke:.

your'e right , I know its a very specific car. Thats why I was considering the dealers car to make the search go easier on myself. I can afford it but I'm not sure I can every get myself to knowingly over pay for something

Did you check out @Cbody Bob's car? You may be able to get it at a good price. I have personally decided he has too many cars. :poke:

Cbody Bob's 1966 Chrysler 300 coupe

Repairs done, it drives good and sounds great. Still needs a coat of paint and front seats recovered, but the rest is good.

I think it twas Cbody bob who offered me a car for sale a few months ago .. when I first posted the thread.

but then he only gave me 1 week to let him know. which is not enough time because I'm all the way in CA ...it would require some planning. More than 1 week

I searched years and years for that car.
The right car is a long hunt. Maybe decades.

I'm starting to notice a trend with the 65-66 Chrysler Newports & 300's ... they seem more popular on the East coast. I was actually curious about it this , Does anyone know the manufacturing history? my guess is they were mostly sold on the east coast during the 60s.

The only cars out in CA are Chevys , I went to a car show in June and it was 97% chevy and like 3% Pontiac , I think there was one Plymouth belvedere + a few other non c Body plymouths and one 50 something Chrysler Saratoga ... but that was it. I know because I searched the whole show for a Chrysler.

I'm starting to notice a trend with the 65-66 Chrysler Newports & 300's ... they seem more popular on the East coast. I was actually curious about it this , Does anyone know the manufacturing history? my guess is they were mostly sold on the east coast during the 60s.

The only cars out in CA are Chevys , I went to a car show in June and it was 97% chevy and like 3% Pontiac , I think there was one Plymouth belvedere + a few other non c Body plymouths and one 50 something Chrysler Saratoga ... but that was it. I know because I searched the whole show for a Chrysler.
That can be discouraging, but when your slabside Chrysler you know that there will be few like it at any shows.

The fact that there has been a two-tone added isn't necessarily a sign of repairs. Think of a notable member's NYB with non-factory silver/black paintwork.

thanks for your input. much appreciated

....ehhhh , this is always the problem, I find a car looks nice looks great then I find out its in frickn Australia. Not sure how I would get it to California. TBH. thanks for the share though
Shipping isn't a problem as cars constantly cross the Pacific, just choose a competent company, not a cheap one, a competent one, then you'll have no worries. Don't forget your dollar buys more in Australia.

Last edited:
Didn't you say bench seat too?

67 66 or 65 , hardtop or leather-top , 2dr , 300 or Newport with bench seat
I know the bench seat being a little picky but just to make it harder on myself, bench seat is just me being weird. Bench seats are nostalgic for me , just like metallic 50s style diner booths.

That can be discouraging, but when your slabside Chrysler you know that there will be few like it at any shows.

true. I think this is actually part of the reason why I chose Chrysler , to have something cool and rare-ish..

that was widely acclaimed...
13.gif

In the video they shud'duh put a louder exhaust system on the car to fully cover up the engine knock.

Plus what is that interior vibration rattle at start up? Something is obviously loose, make you wonder what else is loose ala a hurried slapped together job.

In the video they shud'duh put a louder exhaust system on the car to fully cover up the engine knock.

Plus what is that interior vibration rattle at start up? Something is obviously loose, make you wonder what else is loose ala a hurried slapped together job.

I didn't hear any engine knock ... are you sure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back