Wyatt convinced me to destroy my 71...

Didja ever fix that windshield leak?
Yesterday I dropped off the New Yorker at a shop in a western suburb to replace my windshield. They've been in business for 58 years and one of the very few remaining auto glass companies I was able to find, willing to touch a classic car. Almost all other places I called didn't want to do it because of the possibility of damaging something or wanted the liability.
Commercial Car & Glass Company Antique Auto Glass | Vintage Cars | Downers Grove, IL has the knowledge & know-how, easy to work with and fair prices.
The owner called me after removing the windshield to let me know the windshield was not set correctly when previously installed, as it was sitting too low, and the adhesive used was uneven and missing in several locations, including an area at the top where my leak was coming from. Overall, it was not sealed correctly. He also mentioned the windshield was actually resting on the dash, and that whoever installed it didn't know what they were doing.
The windshield I replaced was the one that was installed during the time it was at the body shop for paint. I don't know who installed it, and never received a response from the body shop when I asked who did the installation.
The new windshield I picked up was learned about at the Belvidere Mopar Happening Mopar show during the summer. I was talking to another C body owner who asked me if I knew anyone who had 72 Polara parts. It happens I had just ran into Manny @70 Sport Suburban who mentioned he was going to a yard for pull some parts the next weekend, so I called Manny on my phone and he came back and got the guys list of the parts he was looking for. When Manny was speaking with the guy, he asked Manny if he knew of anyone looking for a windshield.
What a coincidence.

Tim you made it through the trifecta of car restoration. Knocking down any and all problems in front of you a tip my hat to you. You have a car ready for Carlisle 2023. Looks and drives like a though breed MOPAR. She's a winner. Congrats.

@david hill Carlisle is in the picture for 2023, but she still has one more show to do this year at MCACN, November 19th & 20th.

@david hill Carlisle is in the picture for 2023, but she still has one more show to do this year at MCACN, November 19th & 20th.
I would love to come up and see you display there. My schedule is pretty tight w/ @ayilar 72 New Yorker and my move to Brownsburg In., not to mention the 2023 C Body Calendar. I think you will kick *** w/ the quality of your build. The best is yet to come.

Getting a bigger garage,, errr better house,, david.....? :) :)

Yea the garage size will be much better w/ attic storage available. The floor plan works out to having a much larger master bedroom w/ triple the closet size. The square footage difference is about the same w/ the loss of one bedroom. My current house is a three bedroom. Will make a post later after I've settled in.

After leaving the shop on Friday I stopped over at the local Office Max store and had the build sheet color copied and laminated, as it was suggested by @70NEWYORKER a long time ago. Only cost $4 to do.
I had the NYer parked in back of the building yesterday while working on the R/T's engine rebuild. When I went to pull it in, it was covered with this white stuff.
Guess it's official, winter has arrived.

20221111_190355.jpg

20221112_173344.jpg

20221112_173355.jpg

That would never happen in California. You must have lost your love for it somehow! Time to let it go. You have my number.................................... :poke:

The only thing California about this car is the new car cover.

20221113_121405_02.jpg

Back