Yearlong E body project

Did he paint that in your shop Matt?
No, his place. His hot rod that he's building had a prolonged stay in paint jail so he had some time and the space to do this for me. Many thanks to him, he does very nice work. He was one of my partners in the '71 Charger R/T project from a few years back, the citron yella one.

image.jpeg
I got a little further along on the engine but it's still not completely painted yet.

No, his place. His hot rod that he's building had a prolonged stay in paint jail so he had some time and the space to do this for me. Many thanks to him, he does very nice work. He was one of my partners in the '71 Charger R/T project from a few years back, the citron yella one.

I remember well...

Loved that Charger R/T with the big thump cam. LOL!

DSC01867.JPG

Here it is with the clear coat on it. The last pic is a close up of the existing paint on the top of the fender compared to the new on top of the cowl.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

The previous paint job didn't have the correct blackout treatment behind the grille so with a little research I found a factory guideline on the net which explained how it was sprayed on the line.

image.jpeg

Where did your car come from originally. The body looks really clean. I am guessing it has never seen salt.

Where did your car come from originally. The body looks really clean. I am guessing it has never seen salt.
It was a Texas car prior to coming to Michigan in about '94 and it is extremely clean and solid. Sometime when still in Texas it was painted red and back to Butterscotch which is likely when the ralley hood and T/A spoiler were added. The fender tag points to it not having a ralley hood but it did have the stripes and air conditioning and still retains its original 383 HP and automatic trans..

Since he didn't have a heck of a lot of time before his car was back from paint there was no time to waste in getting all of the freshly restored or new parts put back on.

image.jpeg

It was hard to keep up with him and rather expensive...

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Here's the standard instrument cluster that I restored and installed 5 or 6 years ago, maybe more. At the same time it got new legendary skins and carpet.

image.jpeg

Damn so when did all of this take place? How long from when your buddy got it to this point? You're going to have it easily back together before the salt is off the roads.

Back