Yearlong E body project

Are you going to put a factory sports wheel on it?
Thanks gents! It has a nice set of 14" ralley wheels on it that I restored 5 years ago and the tires are plenty good on them so they'll stay. When the tires need to be replaced I have a set of 15" ralleys for it.

Wow Matt ! Your challenger is awesome. Keep us posted with more pics as you get them. Are you converting the drums to discs up front?

I haven't seen an engine compartment on an e body in a while, I'm so used to the black inner fenders..this looks great, keep up the good work!

The Challenger is looking good. I'm glad somebody is making some headway on a project.
smiley-angry032.gif

Transmission accomplished!
image.jpeg

Here are the highlights
Here are a few of the improvements made to my trans. I found a used late '90s 46RE on Craigslist as a doner for some of the mods. The valve body got a shift improver kit and the oem steel check balls were replaced with the composite ones from the 46RE as they don't beat up the separator plate like the steel ones.
New TCI HP intermediate sprags.
New style dimpled input bushing in pump housing for improved oiling.
Replaced main output shaft bearing.
Back planetary set was replaced from the oem 3 gear set to the 4 gear from the 46RE.
Front clutch pack springs went from the 9 originals + 3 reds from the 46RE to = 12.
Front clutch pack bushing replaced with new updated grooved style for improved oiling.
Front clutch pack discs changed from 4 oem to 5 Alto-red .062 discs.
Back clutch pack discs changed from 3 oem to 4 alto-red .062 discs.
Kick down apply lever changed from 3.2 oem to 3.8.
New front and rear bands, good ones.
6 1/2" washers used as blocker in the low/reverse apply piston assembly.
Removed casting flashings from case(one was dangerously close to falling off which would have been disasterous)
This was all done by a close friend of mine whose a guru imo and I'm really looking forward to experiencing the performance of this trans.

Cant wait to see it at the shows Matt. Will you have it out for the NOMM show?
Not sure yet if I'll have this one there or the Imp. I have less work to do on the Imp to get it back on the road for the season so it takes priority(gotta have something to drive here shortly). I am so busy with work lately that I'm not sure when I'm going to get to any of it even though I'm now chompin' at the bit.

Sounds like you picked the right guy for the trans job. The 518s seems to shift better than a 727, the mods you described must be why.

Impressive job for an impressive car.

How to make a bullet proof Torqueflite just using in house parts. I'd put that in a 2016 300 if they'd offer it.

I told him I didn't want violent shifts just a trans that I would never have to touch again. I know it's going to shift harder than a stock trans though. A faster, crisper shift means less friction and heat.

Had this 3.23 freshened up for the vert at the same time I had the one for the Imp done.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Got the engine and trans in yesterday!:usflag:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Car looks fantastic, very tasteful upgrades. I really like the rally dash, a new Tuff wheel would complete the look. (Just my 2 cents.) Keep up the great work.

Carlisle is doubtful this year as I have a lot going on this spring and summer and I think it would be too much for me to handle by trying to make it there too.

No Tuff wheel but a Rim Blow would be my choice for this car.

Back