You won't believe it

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
as a lot of you know my carport collapsed Saturday night. Still haven't got that mess cleaned up. Well Tuesday night a bud of mine called & asked about a piece of chrome he need for a 68 Fury. Said he will be in town Wednesday afternoon & will stop by & pick it up. So he shows up in a brand new 2015 2500 Cummins 4X4 quad cab pulling a 20 Ft steel flat bed. He had an metal carport on the trailer just like the one I had only shorter sidewalls. So I told him what happened to mine. And he said. Well I really don't want the one on the trailer. Said he will sell it to me for $400 & unload it. So it's sitting Unassembled in my back yard. Even came with metal conduit. So I can take parts from my old one to make this one higher and/or to add on to it. After I pour a slab to put it on. Now I'm thinking I can maybe make it high enough to get a lift under it & attach it to my shop. Now how cool is that.

Cool if thats what you want.... aren't you afraid of lightning striking twice?

Bolting it to my shop will help. And some roof to wall braces. This building I just got has those. Also boxed & closed gable end will help a ton

Good for you then... Before I had my garage I had a "portable garage".... you know, a tent. When it snowed I went out and brushed it off every couple of inches. It was ok for a temporary shelter but it is almost asking for trouble.

Good luck with the new shelter

No, not that I've seen LoL. I have a 3 bay shop 36X24 this carport was just put up to park projects under

Bob, when you put it up just add some collar ties to every other rafter. 2x4 will work. Just to keep it from speaking as easy.

I wish it was 4 times bigger Stan

Theyre never big enough. When I built mine I was planning on 24 x 32, everyone said go as big as you can. I said for what but ok, so I up'd it to 28 x 36 and guess what, I should have gone bigger. You could have went 100 x 100 and it wouldnt have been good enough

get a clear floor two post lift, 12ft ceiling height. set your new metal carport up over the lift posts. tie the nearest rafters to the posts in such a way that the posts help to support the roof. actually makes a good excuse for having two lifts! best of luck with it, SG

Back